Front Anti-sway bar

dynoman

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
When I bought my car it came with a front anti-sway bar that was removed . It's a Suspension Techniques #502245 bar , my question is am I better off with or without it ? The car is mainly street driven and I'm not a road racer, I slow down for the curves. :cool: If it's not that big a deal I'll sell it , it still has the sticker on it.

I'd keep it and put it on if it's a street car. Take into consideration, you'll have no roll control in an emergency situation were you had to steer away from whatever you were trying to avoid, especially at higher speeds.

My car is a street car and whenever I go to the track, it still pulls 1.5-1.6
60ft most of the time.

In fact, this past Saturday I won 1st place in the Mustang vs The World Street Car Challenge here in the San Diego area. I ran the 7.0 class (1/8 mile), and ran 6.991, 7.024, and 7.021.

I run the Hotchkis Extreme front and rear sway bars with Edelbrock LCA, on 275-60-15 drag radials, if you’re wondering.

Ray

Did GN,s & TT's come with factory front bars ? I had a new 86 GN way back but don't remember if it did.:confused:

hello peoples: Yes they came with front and rear sway bars and the drag race boys and girls take em off. Put one on and if you don't have one look around for a larger hollow one that where on another GM car (I forget witch one) It's lighter and suppose to be better? But when I heard that I asked myself how can a hollow SB be better?
Someone will cum on a hopefully guide us.
IBBY

You are talking about the Camaro 1LE front sway bar. Hollow and light.
Conrad

Was taken off due to the car having a H&R rear bar and the car handled just fine without the front one. Also the car has lowering springs up front so, it needed the aide of no front bar for weight transfer. I vote leave it off, but if you perfer to hammer corners like you own a vette and like a much harsher ride, put it back on.