Front air dam

gnx139

My old Kenne-Bell air dam with the intercooler scoop is shot. It has been cracked and repaired many times and looks like crap. I know an air dam was recently produced for the front mount IC users that goes straight across the bottom excluding the opening. Would the same makers be able to produce something to what Kenne-Bell made years ago for the stock IC?? It looks killer with a wide opening up front to channel air to the IC shroud.

Come on guys. That wide IC scoop under the bumper looks killer. There has to be some ideas on this.

They make a solid 1 piece front spoiler like this one

Attachments

• Buick87 005.jpg
    Buick87 005.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 1,234
Yes, I know what they make. That whole piece was fabricated out of some one's idea. It is a great idea for front mount IC guys. I am trying to get THEM to make a similar one with a large scoop in front for the stock IC guys. Kind of what Kenne-Bell made in the day. I believe it would be a big seller as it would look much better than the factory airdams.

Jack Cotton stocks the 1 piece air dam. Less than $200.
Conrad

Yes, I know what they make. That whole piece was fabricated out of some one's idea. It is a great idea for front mount IC guys. I am trying to get THEM to make a similar one with a large scoop in front for the stock IC guys. Kind of what Kenne-Bell made in the day. I believe it would be a big seller as it would look much better than the factory airdams.
I think noone is understanding you?Is there a way to modify a one piece spoiler to make it work for you?

OK, let me try it again. I think it would be a good idea if "they" would make a front air dam designed just for stock IC users. An air dam with a large scoop that would extend from beneath the center of bumber and channel air to the IC. Kenne Bell made one years ago out of fiber glass that looked very cool and aggressive. Some one with an old Kenne Bell catalog may be able to post a picture. It would or should be made out of the same material that the new air dam is made out of. (the one cotton and custom parts sells). If this newly designed front mount IC air dam is selling well, one for stock IC's would sell just as well.

I think this is the air dam he's talking about ;) Should be because this is his car:biggrin:

Attachments

• gnx (Medium).jpg
    gnx (Medium).jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 1,168
Thanks Dennis, you are the man. I believe if something similar could be reproduced in a thick plastic instead of fiberglass it would be a big seller for those of us who use stock location intercoolers. I don't think the inlet for the old school ram air would be necessary. Just a big fat scoop in the middle for the intercooler. I hope those who have the ability will consider this.

we are having a meeting on something like this in two weeks, don't ask, we will post when, if and how much when we know :)
Mike

we are having a meeting on something like this in two weeks, don't ask, we will post when, if and how much when we know :)
Mike

Rats, I'm always running behind :eek:

I'm buying a Kenne Bell CAI kit to see if I could reproduce the part. If you got a handle on it, I'll back off from the part. If you need help, let me know. I'm currently working on the T-type center caps. I'm hoping to have a sample part by monday and then producing the parts by the end of the week. So I'm looking for something else to explore.

Ray

Rats, I'm always running behind :eek:

I'm buying a Kenne Bell CAI kit to see if I could reproduce the part. If you got a handle on it, I'll back off from the part. If you need help, let me know. I'm currently working on the T-type center caps. I'm hoping to have a sample part by monday and then producing the parts by the end of the week. So I'm looking for something else to explore.

Ray

Ray I have more lined up then you probablly will be able to handle :eek:

Mike Licht- that is good news. I won't ask how much, when and will wait to hear from ya!!

I was under the impression that KB still made these. Give them a call. I'm sure they can still make one.

The neat KB part will not work with front mount, as I recall. Anyone know for sure?
Conrad

I already have the old Kenne-Bell one. It is made of fiber glass and has cracked and been repaired many times. We need one made of thick plastic and without the ram air inlet on the drivers side. They have already made one for the front mount users. TRcustomparts and Gbodyparts sells them.