friend of mine just got an auto one

tford

Registered Member
Very few made. Supposedly one of six made this year. It is also black. I know a lot of guys are bashing this car because it is fwd and a 4 banger, but this car has a lot of potential. People are comparing it with an Audi, Mazda, or Hyundai. Really? Not even close. Give it some time and this car will be cleaning house at the track. The sticker price on this car is a little high because it is a better made car than those foreign pos's. Tim

Auto trans. Everyone else says there not even supposed to be made this year in auto but he has one.

If the price was a tad lower this would be on my short list for a daily driver for me....though honestly I won't be buying for at least a year, so who knows? Might find a used one in my price window! I'd probably look for an auto. I can drive a stick perfectly fine, but if it is going to be my bad weather car (my motorcycle is my true daily, even through rain...but need something for snow) than why have a stick?

Either way you look at it, it is still a low production car. Yeah, the 1/4 mile ratings are very close to the gtp, but with mine at 213,000 miles, probably wouldn't be close. At least Buick designing a car like this might get them out of the "grandma car" stereotype, especially when they're laying the smack down on srt's & evo's with a little tweaking.
Did I mention it is stock @ 17 psi.

would it be too much to ask for a 2 door? Or Maybe a limited edition RWD Turbo 6 2door..Ha and a unicorn to go with it

would it be too much to ask for a 2 door? Or Maybe a limited edition RWD Turbo 6 2door..Ha and a unicorn to go with it

Limited Edition RWD Turbo 6 2 door.... I love how you worded it all out to mean another Gn :p If they came out with a new Gn it may be the only car that would get me to buy a new car. Never financed anything before but that would prolly get me. :D

Either way you look at it, it is still a low production car. Yeah, the 1/4 mile ratings are very close to the gtp, but with mine at 213,000 miles, probably wouldn't be close. At least Buick designing a car like this might get them out of the "grandma car" stereotype, especially when they're laying the smack down on srt's & evo's with a little tweaking.
Did I mention it is stock @ 17 psi.

Are you implying that a 2012 Regal GS is smacking down SRT's and Mitsubishi EVO's with a little tweaking?

Did you even put those cars in the same sentence?

Never said they currently were, but it wouldn't take a lot. Drag radials and more boost would probably do it.

2012 Buick GS's stock are running 14.9-15.0 range.
2012 Charger SRT's are running 12.8'ish
2012 Challenger is running mid- high 12's
2012 SRT 300 is running 13.0
2012 EVO's are running 13.8 ( seems underrated)
All times are from Motor Trend.

Gonna take a little more than DR and a tune. I am a Buick man. The new regals are nice looking. They are overpriced and underpowered though. Most newer v6 daily drivers would equal or beat the GS in a drag race. But unless Buick steps up performance, like Cadillac did with the CTS-V, they will always be the car dressed for the party but yet has no invitation.

I was referring to the srt-4's, turbo 4 banger against turbo 4 banger. With the evo 1/4 mile of 13.8, one second in the 1/4 wouldn't be much to achieve with a good launch and more boost.

My stock truck has just as good of a chance in a drag race as one of the GS's do... Lets face it they are econo boxes and that is it, I doubt Buick will ever be able to do again what they did in the 80's... For that scenario to ever happen again the economy would have to absolutely tank, GM would have to do away with the ZR1,ZL1,Z06, and V-Series and Buick would have to build one nasty Turbo DI V-6 RWD car for them to ever have the performance equivalent they did back in 87'.

,Dan