Free to good home- Damaged Hiway Stars Dr GN Headlight Bezel

Trader history for turbohh (1)

turbohh

I ordered a set of reproduction headlight bezels from Hiway Stars last year, and unfortunately, the driver side bezel was unhappy with my header panel ... The tiny triangular tip on the retaining prong that is molded on the lower inside of the bezel broke off (see pics), and after repeated attempts to fix it, I gave up and snagged a good used OEM bezel. The grey cement is JB Weld, and I tried bolstering the tang with a thin brass shim, but to no avail. The lower inside part of the bezel wouldn't sit flush against the header panel without the tang on my car ... I thought someone with more patience or ingenuity than I have could be able to fix this bezel and use it ... So I'm offering it up for free, you just need to pay the shipping costs. I'm in no way slamming Hiway Stars or this product, just stating that I broke it, and am passing it along if someone wants to try and rescue it. Other than the broken tang, it's in great shape. First one to PM they want it gets it ... The package is 2.5 lbs, 19" X 10" X 6", and I'll send via FedEx from zip code 94582 if you want to estimate the shipping costs before claiming it ... Thanks for looking and helping me get one more thing out of my garage ...
John A, Turbohh

100_5972.JPG 100_5973.JPG 100_5974.JPG 100_5975.JPG 100_5976.JPG 100_5977.JPG

jason mizel

I ordered a set of reproduction headlight bezels from Hiway Stars last year, and unfortunately, the driver side bezel was unhappy with my header panel ... The tiny triangular tip on the retaining prong that is molded on the lower inside of the bezel broke off (see pics), and after repeated attempts to fix it, I gave up and snagged a good used OEM bezel. The grey cement is JB Weld, and I tried bolstering the tang with a thin brass shim, but to no avail. The lower inside part of the bezel wouldn't sit flush against the header panel without the tang on my car ... I thought someone with more patience or ingenuity than I have could be able to fix this bezel and use it ... So I'm offering it up for free, you just need to pay the shipping costs. I'm in no way slamming Hiway Stars or this product, just stating that I broke it, and am passing it along if someone wants to try and rescue it. Other than the broken tang, it's in great shape. First one to PM they want it gets it ... The package is 2.5 lbs, 19" X 10" X 6", and I'll send via FedEx from zip code 94582 if you want to estimate the shipping costs before claiming it ... Thanks for looking and helping me get one more thing out of my garage ...
John A, Turbohh

View attachment 362858 View attachment 362859 View attachment 362860 View attachment 362861 View attachment 362862 View attachment 362863
Was your header panel an aftermarket one? Im having the same issue with one of my bezels, and haven't broken the tab off yet but am currently trying to figure it out, the tab just doesn't wanna snap in place

turbohh

Jason,
No, my header panel is GM ... The OEM bezel I just bought fits fine, but the tab is slightly different ...
John A, Turbohh