Frame reinforcement

My bad..The result of too many nitro fumes!:D
The tubing is 1" x .076 wall. welded tubing.

Scott or Chuck,

does the rear shock tower brace serve same purpose as rear fame brace?

Thanks

That’s a great idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry, it doesn’t work that way. I helped Chuck make this set up. We measured about 5 frames and each one was different. It’s best to buy the mounts....and then cut the cross piece to fit your exact application.

What coach said, ALL frames are slightly different so one cut piece would never work on everyone's car, PLUS shipping that long piece is a whole other issue...

Scott or Chuck,

does the rear shock tower brace serve same purpose as rear fame brace?

Thanks
No, it's purpose is to brace up the upper shock mounts as that area as proven to be a weak point.

The rear frame brace is put into place to help keep the rear frame horns from flexing, one would think the bumper would do that but it's amazing the flex even with the rear bumper, the brace helps eliminate that...

No, it's purpose is to brace up the upper shock mounts as that area as proven to be a weak point.

The rear frame brace is put into place to help keep the rear frame horns from flexing, one would think the bumper would do that but it's amazing the flex even with the rear bumper, the brace helps eliminate that...

And, it makes a great place for a chute mount.....For those that can run that fast.:D

Does all the bracing that has been talked about help support a rear notch? Or once you cut, the structural strength is never the same.