Frame Notching again!

holy old thread dug up from the past..

i notched my frame , used 3/16 plate , rolled the lips , kept inner wheelhouses with a little massage at the ends
15x 10 weld aluma stars 5BS with a 3/8 spacer .. stock 8.5 rear housing (could have notched further but the wheelhouse would then be the limiter)

running 325/50 MT drag radials

hr bar stops all lean over . wolfe double adjustable CM upper and lower arms so axle is centered and no possibility of any side to side movement (hr braced at lowers) , wolfe adjustable spring perches on axle allow me to dial in close to tire (using 12-150 coil over springs ) . Qa1 adjustables set pretty firm so no worry of squat causing rub on hard launches... and it hooks

That looks sooooooooooooo good. Would you happen to have any pics underneath the car to show the work done? I would like to see how much room is left around that tire and the frame/ inner wheel wells) Since you have done this, do you know if the qtr panel buckles when launching the car? Again, that looks great!!!

I used 1/8" plate on mine and I have the crease. I think it comes from strapping the car down on the trailer attaching the straps to the rear section of the frame and then then pulling it down too tight. Just a thought. If you hook onto the rear axle to strap it down you don't put as much stress on the weak rear section of the frame.
Bingo! you're right.

have 1/4 inch at rails ( only notched to outer edge of inner rail) ,
about 1 1/2 inch at the 2 oclock position of the fender well
no flex , my 6point roll bar rear bars are positioned directly above the rear springs
and the HR HD sway bar brings the car up level on launch so no twisting of the body

any stress on the rear frame rails past the springs can flex a quarter panel .
for towing i cross tie my car down hooking the holes in the frame forward of the rear tires at the outer access hole for the lower control arm bolts ,

theres vids on youtube shot from drivers quarter rear angle of the car working out the launch rise and squat settings

I bought a heavy duty steel notch kit ... never had problems tying car down i cross the rear straps to the axle ... car isnt notched .. i do have a pillar cracking .. but NCTURBOS installed a H&R sway bar so that should stop the twist ... i only have pee wee motors