Found a Good Transmission Guy in Georgia.

Scarab

Yesterday I talked on the phone with a transmission guy that built my tranny back in 1990. It shifted hard and never gave me a problem. After all these years I got back in touch with him and he is still doing them. He has about 15 different shops that send just the trans to him and he builds them and sends them back. I am going to get mine in the car I have now done by him with all billet pieces soon.

Very reasonable and very good at what he does.

He is located in Nashville Georgia
SMITHIWICK transmissions LLC
229-646-2257

Tell him Jeff Waters sent you and he will give you a good price for being a Turbo Buick guy.

Facebook says address is 706 N Jackson, that's a residential neighborhood. I am local.

yes he is doing them at his home in his home shop. this keeps his price down. Tell him Jeff Waters Sent you if you want a good price. He knows the 200r4 inside and out.

Back in 97 I found a good transmission builder in Jacksonville Fl at an AAmco on Philips Hwy his name was Jimmy Brookshire. I just happened to stop in there one day and talked to the manager about having my transmission rebuilt and he quoted me $850.00 with a 3 year warranty without a torque converter, I had bought a Kenne Bell lockup 11'' 2800 stall that i had them install with their transmission. They didn't normally do that but the manager was pretty cool about it.

This was in my at the time 86 T-Type with a lot of bolt on parts. I drove the car everywhere and it performed flawlessly.

There are some good builders out there that know what they are doing.

Yesterday I talked on the phone with a transmission guy that built my tranny back in 1990. It shifted hard and never gave me a problem. After all these years I got back in touch with him and he is still doing them. He has about 15 different shops that send just the trans to him and he builds them and sends them back. I am going to get mine in the car I have now done by him with all billet pieces soon.

Very reasonable and very good at what he does.

He is located in Nashville Georgia
SMITHIWICK transmissions LLC
229-646-2257

Tell him Jeff Waters sent you and he will give you a good price for being a Turbo Buick guy.

Good to know, thanks for that info man!

Whenever I move back to Valdosta, at least I know of a reputable shop that's local should I need transmission work done on my GN.