Ford Truck Killed.

Justin231

I was on my way home just cruising down the main drag. This homeboy in what looked like a harley davidson F-150 pulled up next to me. It had the two tone paint job like some GNs have. I didnt expect anything out of it. I launch a little hard just enough to let him know i was there, and he responds with some throttle. Instantly the sound I heard brought back memories of test driving an SVT Cobra. I heard a whine. This sounded Supercharged. So I buried the pedal about the same time he did. I jumped 2 cars on him and braked off and he pulled up next to me. Got about half a car in front of me and then went WOT again. I returned fire and reeled him and pulled a car on him at about 75mph. I shut down, gave him 'Thee Nod', and went on my way. Does anybody know about these trucks? I was not expecting a supercharger.

Originally posted by Justin231
It had the two tone paint job like some GNs have.
GN's didn't have a paint option. You could get them in any color you wanted as long it was all black.

The 1st year Harley Davidson Truck wasn't Supercharged, but every one after that was...It has the same engine as the Lightning I'm pretty sure...Course it's a heavier.

Originally posted by MeanBuicks
1982 GNs were two-tone.
Yes, I know but I highly doubt that's what he was referring to. Most likely he's thinking of a T with the 2 tone paint option.

I know the difference between a T and a Grand National. I was talking about the 82 GNs, some were silver over gray or gray over silver. I know of a family that has one of each. Though there are some two tone Ts out there.

The newer HD fords have a supercharger. Very similar to the Lighting but with a differnent pulley system. If memory serves I believe they produce around 340 hp. stock.

I tangled with one of the HD trucks earlier this year and I could not get him.

I believe this one was hopped up some though, but I did not have quite enough to get him.

Originally posted by Pax4d
The newer HD fords have a supercharger. Very similar to the Lighting but with a differnent pulley system. If memory serves I believe they produce around 340 hp. stock.

WHA WHAT?!?!? They putting blowers on more trucks?? me did not know..

the new hd;s dont have a blower. 04's get 5.4 triton, 6.8 3 valve triton, or 6.0 diesel.

Chip, Exh, intake, pulley for blower to up the boost.

Watch out it will geeeeettttt down