Ford Powerstroke Intercooler

BLACKRONIN22

I figured that I would post a few pics of my powerstroke intercooler setup. These can be had fairly cheap and with a little cutting you can have a huge front mount. There are a couple of downfalls though. 1. You have to cut some of the radiator support ( not for everyone). 2. You also have to cut into the high beam light bucket and it makes them pretty much useless because you can't adjust them. I suppose with some elbow grease you can get them to point somewhat straight. Anyway here are the pictures.

IMG_20140902_171903.jpg
IMG_20140902_171957.jpg
IMG_20140902_171929.jpg
IMG_20140902_171922.jpg

Yeah it works good. I did this about 10 years ago, but it has just been sitting garaged for 8.5 years now. I am in the process of getting it going again and had the front clip off so I snapped these photos.

Looks good!
I also did this mod sometime back. The Pro's outweigh the Con's in regards to HP gains that can be had. If I ever did this modification again, I'd use a plasma cutter for sure. I believe it would not only be much easier, but the install would go much smoother and look so much better.

For those of you that plan on doing this mod in the future. Use the full aluminum end tanks, not the black plastic end tank that are on some of the power stroke intercoolers.

Hope you get it running soon. Let us know how everything goes.

Ray

I am a big fan of the PS intercooler as I used one for years, sold it to a local friend and his low 9 sec. street car is still using it! :)

The idea and mess of cutting the radiator core did not appeal to me, so we figured a different route., and thought I would share this project as we did a few of them.

Since my thinking is a serious performance car should have the battery in the trunk, like my '64 Mopar max wedge, that would provide an excellent way to do the PS and not cut up the rad core.

We modified the IC and turned the outlets to face outboard, and use 90 deg, 3" silicone elbows to bring the pipes through the existing holes behind the headlights.

Actually the PS piping took very little modification for a good fit in the Regal installations.

PS 1.jpg
ps.jpg
bates 2013 001.jpg

A note for Raymond, there is a 10 sec. TTA in Tucson that is using a modified PS that is mounted under the front fascia in a sloped position! :)

Nick, I'd love to see how that IC is installed in the TTA. Did the gentlemen with the TTA have any pictures of the install?

Not sure if we have a pic?

We did some work on this car including replacing one of the up-pipes that was jacked up, and we converted it to e-85 with a custom dual pump set up and all new fuel lines.

I read somewhere about the mods you did to it. It turned out really nice. Specifically, I liked the fuel system you installed on it. As always, the results are spectacular and well thought out. I'm sure that car performs exceptional on and off the track.

I would love to do the e85 but I would not know where to start. I guess that it would not be to difficult. There us not many parts involved is there?

That's huge! 6.0 based intercooler?? Haha wow love the way it fills everything out. Maybe Peter@Alradco can help with a few modifications for you guys?

EDIT: Sorry ahead of time, didn't mean to solicit his work in this section or anything I just know him from the Powerstroke community and have his intercooler on the way for my truck :)

Last edited:
Hey man I'm doing a psic in my car now can you tell me which way the ic goes the outlets have a angle down a lil or straight. I hope you know what I mean. Which way does it go in

This is great, what year or years of powerstroke or at least what Engine is this from? it was asked but not answered...I think:)

I have this set up for sale with all the pipes except for the up pipe. That can be bought through NAPA. If anyone is interested.