Ford Ecoboost Guys...

S10xGN

RETIRED!
What's the diff between the Raptor engine (450/510) and the regular (375/470) TT, is it just the tune or is hardware involved? I'm thinking of ordering a baseline F150 with the non-Raptor engine, can a simple tune bring this up to Raptor (or better) specs?

Good question. I have a new F150 on order. Be nice if it was just a tuning game like the GN/GNXs.

I'm working at Quirk Ford n this thing came rolling in the other day twin turbo 3.5 647 hp

Attachments

• KIMG0256.JPG
    KIMG0256.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 170
If you skip to the 8 minute mark Jamal Hameedi explains the differences, but doesn't go into much detail.

The stat thrown out at Barrett Jackson was 6,500 applicants fighting over the 1,000 - 2017 GT’s available and a fully loaded Blue one crossed the block for $2,500,000 million I think it was? (Charity Car though). The Exhaust Tune of that car was incredible! Someone needs to offer up a titanium exhaust note for our cars! Cause that thing sounded bad arse!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did see the Ford has a 45' turning circle, the worst of the big three. How noticeable is this? It'll prolly be huge coming from a shortcab Dakota...

You can get the Raptor performance numbers out of a regular 3.5 with a good custom tune. I did some searching and did find out that the Raptor turbos have different compressors. The Raptors also have Stainless exhaust manifolds, where the normal EB has cast iron manifolds. Catback is different as well. Other than that, everything else is the same except tune with a little more timing and boost.

You can get the Raptor performance numbers out of a regular 3.5 with a good custom tune. I did some searching and did find out that the Raptor turbos have different compressors. The Raptors also have Stainless exhaust manifolds, where the normal EB has cast iron manifolds. Catback is different as well. Other than that, everything else is the same except tune with a little more timing and boost.

Great.. this is what I was thinking. TUNE TUNE TUNE TUNE :nailbiting:

The stock direct injection system will support up to about 500HP, north of that will require either a secondary set of injectors or other significant fueling changes.

Borla offers a complete package with larger turbos, cat back exhaust, tuner, and other bits to bump a stock truck up above 480HP.

BorgWarner and Borla worked on that project together, BorgWarner is the turbo supplier for the F-150 EcoBoost.

We've got a development truck here at BorgWarner with upgraded turbos and a Borla exhaust that Borla installed. At full throttle that even fire V-6 sounds similar to a Buick buzzin' half dozen. It's a hoot to drive.

Here's a link to Borla's kit, dyno graphs are in the embedded video.

https://www.borla.com/products/f150_35l_turbocharger_upgrade_kits_stype_part__251006.html

I've read on some of the Eco Ford forums that the TT 2.7 is quicker than the TT 3.5 at least stock vs stock. There are vids on Youtube supporting this.