For those going on the PT in LA. on day 1 a GTG at No Problem Raceway

fast86gn

Texas Moderator
Staff member
Anyone game? The drag strip is about 35 minutes from the venue, the plan is 6pm Saturday night.

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/foru...-power-tour-board/1100897-starting-line-party

The thread:
Starting Line Party
May 4th, 2016, 08:35 AM

OK guys and gals, I've set up the starting line party. We'll be at the No Problem Raceway, 6470 Hwy 996, Belle Rose, La 70341. It's about 35 minutes from the venue in Gonzales. This is the deal $20 / person to eat and spectate, $40 for driver to eat and make passes. We'll start at 6:00 PM on Saturday June the 11th. Hope to see everyone there.

Guess I'm a bit out of touch regionally. I thought the title was referring to Los Angeles. :oops:

Hey Dave, what time are you wanting to leave town to cruise down there on the 11th? LOL, the thread starter on your link is also Big Dave (no relation to you) ...no one's called you that before!

Come over to the west side of the Rocky Mountains & ask about LA.

I'm willing to bet that 98+% of the people will think that you are referring to Los Angeles.

Hey Dave, what time are you wanting to leave town to cruise down there on the 11th? LOL, the thread starter on your link is also Big Dave (no relation to you) ...no one's called you that before!

Yep that's Big Dave on the Bang shift forum, not me. I'm super Dave LOL.

I'm ready whatever time, you have to leave earlier than me being I'm further east than you. I'm not even sure what the mileage is getting there from Dallas? Let me look.

Come over to the west side of the Rocky Mountains & ask about LA.

I'm willing to bet that 98+% of the people will think that you are referring to Los Angeles.

But we're not on the west side of the rocky mountains are we? ;)

Google says 430 miles to my hotel in Baton Rouge. So about 6hrs? Maybe leave by 7am? 6am for you.

445 miles to the venue in Gonzales.

Google says 430 miles to my hotel in Baton Rouge. So about 6hrs? Maybe leave by 7am? 6am for you.

445 miles to the venue in Gonzales.
Do you see any reason to get to the venue by 2pm I don't except for the drag racing if you are going. I am not planning on racing that far from home with no trailer. Its pretty much the same venue at each stop, registration sign in ends at 6pm, drivers meeting at 6:45pm...so I would think a good night's sleep for me and leave around 9 or 10am, get the the venue around 4-5pm. I know Steve in the '69 Camaro is going with us also, but haven't discussed details yet with him.....what about Vic, he may be going with Phil Friday??

Vic is leaving Friday with Phil. Besides you, me and Camaro Steve, there is Stan Davis and Steve Allen leaving Saturday morning as well. I would like to make the drag strip to at least watch. I might make a easy pass on street tires?

As long as we get there early enough to check in at registration, check in at the motel and make the strip I'm good.

Are Steve A. and Stan going to cruise with us also? WE will have our own mini-HRPT :) For me to leave at 6 means I would be up at 5am, Tam would be up at 3am. What time is the drag strip open? Don't forget the drivers meeting at 6:45 also.

Are Steve A. and Stan going to cruise with us also? WE will have our own mini-HRPT :) For me to leave at 6 means I would be up at 5am, Tam would be up at 3am. What time is the drag strip open? Don't forget the drivers meeting at 6:45 also.

I'm not sure if they will or not? I'll call Stan and find out. I would like to leave Garland by 8am, no later than 9am at least will that work for you? That would put you leaving by 7am or 8am at the latest your about an hour or so from me.