For Sale: 87 GN

motrhed87

Listing this for a friend of mine. He is relocating out of state and doesn’t want to take the car with him.

1987 Buick Grand National hard top, 104k miles on the body, less than 10,000 on the motor. Car runs very strong and is tight. Comparing it to my mid 10-sec car I would guess this will run mid 11’s easily.

Body is very straight and there is no visible rust. This car spent its life in Virginia until he purchased it in 2013. Under the car is very clean. Carfax came up clean but AutoCheck reported a “minor accident” in 8/91.

Paint is a 10 footer but looks presentable and cleans up nice. Fillers are still in good shape. All badges are present and in nice shape.

A/C was converted to 134 and blows cold.

Engine:
Built in 2003 by Harper's Racing of Ft. Lauderdale, FL at cost of $7,000
Ported factory heads
Cometic head gaskets installed 6/14
JE pistons .020
201/210 roller cam
Billet main caps
Upgraded valves and springs
Decked and blueprinted
New plugs and Taylor 10.4 wires

Turbo:
Precision 6031E journal bearing w/ HD wastegate
Custom TR Parts billet turbo saver

Intercooler:
Stock location oversized

Exhaust:
TH 3" DP
Hooker dual exhaust

Fuel:
60# injectors
Razor Alky Kit
LS1 MAF + Translator

Chip:
TT v5.6 chip

Trans:
Rebuilt by Level 10 out of Hamburg, NJ in 8/13 @ cost of $3,000
Billet torque converter, 3200 stall

Suspension:
New steering linkage
Jeep shaft
New rear springs

Wheels & Tires:
Stock steel wheels
BFG g-Force T/A Drag Radials 275/60/15
Dunlap G/T Qualifier 225/70/15

Interior:
Nice slip on front seat covers
Scanmaster 2.1
Casper's Knock
VDO Boost
VDO Oil Pressure
VDO Temp
GN logo floor mats
145 mph speedo

Asking $11,500 OBO. Car is located in northwest NJ (Morris County). PM or email me at bee615@gmail.com with any questions. Thanks.

Here are some pics:

Last edited:
Oh I saw this Gn I think out a tune time open house . Cars very nice n clean , my Gn was parked down on the road . Glws very nice Gn for the money .

Looks nice Chris. How are the doors? Any bubbling? Maybe i'll go back to the dark side soon :-P

Some more pics......looks like there is a small spot of rust on the bottom of the driver door.

Chris this is Matt from the show. Ill call you later, id like to take a look at this car Saturday for a few mins if possible. Maybe early afternoon?

Chris this is Matt from the show. Ill call you later, id like to take a look at this car Saturday for a few mins if possible. Maybe early afternoon?

Matt...that works. Just text me when you wanna come up and I'll give you the address.