For guys with big stereos

TOOMANYTOYS

I am wiring my 87 for amps and such. I prefer to run my cables through the interior but I can’t seem to find a good spot to pass through into the car. For those that have amps and such where did you run the wiring from the battery back?

Opening between the engine & master cylinder, under the drivers carpet to the trunk. Opening is already there closed with a rubber gromet

I have used both of the above methods. More recently drilled a hole and used a grommet on passenger firewall near ecm wiring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i always run the power wires thru the frame rails its full of holes where you can enter and exit what is the reason you want to run the wires inside the car? i can't seem to think of a good one

i always run the power wires thru the frame rails its full of holes where you can enter and exit what is the reason you want to run the wires inside the car? i can't seem to think of a good one

Good Point.... how did you secure them and where did you come out of the frame into the trunk.

I prefer to run the cable through the car because I live in nyc and with potholes, road debris and salt I was hoping to keep them a little safer. Not to mention something chewed the wires on my 88LX and that cost me a Soundstream Reference 705. Going through the frame does sound good though

I prefer through the car also on a daily driver with winters and crappy CT roads.

What size cable you running?

I usually only run 6-8 gauge through the grommet.

Other car I drilled a 1.5" hole and lined it with a JB welded plastic grommet type material since the metal firewall is sharp. Ran a lot of wires and mechanical gauge tubes through that and the rubber factory grommet.

Good Point.... how did you secure them and where did you come out of the frame into the trunk.

spare tire well and since they are captive inside the frame they are protected and really don't need to be secured where can they go ? they just need to be secured at each end one thing i will declare myself an expert at--audio in a GN

spare tire well and since they are captive inside the frame they are protected and really don't need to be secured where can they go ? they just need to be secured at each end one thing i will declare myself an expert at--audio in a GN

I should have ran a few things by you while my car was at your shop last weekend.... dang it! I am in the middle of finishing my stereo install.

I’ll prob use that frame idea if I ever redo the power wiring. I got a 2 gauge wire through the car this time.... but if I go bigger will go through the frame.