Follow my port and polish project

just plain john

El Camino a Go-Go!
Really nice write up and congratulations on achieving your 11 second goal, but may I ask what was your motivation? Looking at your sig, was this your most recent combo? I see you have a couple of others listed. No offense, but it seems like a lot of work and down time to go slower.

Really nice write up and congratulations on achieving your 11 second goal, but may I ask what was your motivation? Looking at your sig, was this your most recent combo? I see you have a couple of others listed. No offense, but it seems like a lot of work and down time to go slower.
No offense taken. The car really hasn't been good too me in 2010. In Jan of this year I finally blew the stock head gaskets and decided to go roller cam and port the stock irons. Had the car up in April and a methanol incident decided the fate of the two front stock pistons. I got it back up and running with a fully forged bottom end in Oct and started fighting false knock issues, a cracked front mount and melted spark plugs.

The car is finally getting back up to where I had it. The new combo I'm shooting for 10.3x's @ 130 ish. We'll see.

just plain john

El Camino a Go-Go!
Note to self...when responding to a multi paged thread it's wise to check the initial posting date. I saw another thread today you started when you ported your heads I think, it clued me in that this thread preceeded it. At any rate, very nice attention to detail here. Congratulations again.