Focus ST

87gn-newbee

Was thinking of getting the wife a new commuter car. Looking for something a little sporty, has good fuel economy and a decent price. So was looking at the ST and wondering if anyone has one, any issues, and over all happy with the purchase?

I would hold out and see how the Focus RS comes out. I've ridden in an ST. Although they are really nice cars, they have way too much power for FWD. The one I was in would light up the tires and start wheel hopping if you hammered it from any speed under 55-60, and it was bone stock.

Maybe a 2015 Subaru WRX premium? Moving to CO so the AWD might come in handy? Have a newer F150 ecoboost so need to get her something safe and so the T doesn't have to get driven much.

I've heard of a few issues mainly with the car not wanting to start, a similar issue to the GM pass lock you turn the key and nothing happens. A quick Google and it's easy to find info about this particular issue, lots of complaints for it.

Have you considered one of the new Buick regal T's. My wife had one as a rental it surprised me very spunky. Rode well and average mpg around town was 26 with almost 30 hwy. Just a thought.

Was thinking of getting the wife a new commuter car. Looking for something a little sporty, has good fuel economy and a decent price. So was looking at the ST and wondering if anyone has one, any issues, and over all happy with the purchase?
The ST's are front wheel drive and have about 250 HP. The 2016 RS Focus is AWD and will have a 2.3L ecoboost engine reported to put out around 315 to 320 HP to all the wheels. Should flat hook and scoot. I think a few Subarus could get humbled when these hit the streets late this year and next year. Overall the Focus line is sound and safe to drive. I had one a ZX3 in '01 and I had fun driving it.

Ended up with a dealer demo 13 SHO PP with 2800 miles on it. Did a 3bar MAP with a few Unleashed tunes and this is a fun car to drive.

Ended up with a dealer demo 13 SHO PP with 2800 miles on it. Did a 3bar MAP with a few Unleashed tunes and this is a fun car to drive.

Taurus SHO huh? Good choice. The 3.5 EB is badass. I had a 2010 Flex EB and used Torrie (Unleashed). Make sure to log your car and work with him to dial it in. Not sure how busy he is now, but he used to respond to me within minutes with updated tunes any time of day or night. It was nuts. I had a few variations with different AFR's for WOT so I could use which ever one worked with the weather. I would go a little richer in the summer since it is so hot here.

I sold the Flex and my Titan to get a 2013 EB F150. I used MPT for the truck tunes since that is their specialty. Sometimes I wish I bought a SHO instead of my WRX. I'm sure you can squeak off a high 12 with yours.

Torrie has been awesome and still quick to respond. Still need to send him some logs. I also have an F150 with the EB and pretty happy with both vehicles.