Flexplate Safety Shields

that I have , thanks . Ill be honest the rule book probably not that hard to understand just I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
I have two dozen slips at sub 11.5 @119 it just a mater of time before something is said. Car has not been to the track sense COVID and I moved to Tucson and building a house. I hope to get a bar in it this winter finish the house and go racing this summer. Im sure the AZ air will slow it down and it will take me some time to get it sub 11.5 Im shooting for 10s.
I think I have everything I'll need after the bar.

that I have , thanks . Ill be honest the rule book probably not that hard to understand just I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
I have two dozen slips at sub 11.5 @119 it just a mater of time before something is said. Car has not been to the track sense COVID and I moved to Tucson and building a house. I hope to get a bar in it this winter finish the house and go racing this summer. Im sure the AZ air will slow it down and it will take me some time to get it sub 11.5 Im shooting for 10s.
Run the 1/8 and go faster😉

Hopefully, we will see each other down in the Old Pueblo!

Jim Hughes, the guy who operates the track down there is a super nice guy. AND they do private track rentals fairly often, so you don't need a bar.. :) Buy in is usually $200, track goes live at 8AM and shuts down at 3PM. You can easily get 8 to 10 passes in 6 hours, if you don't mind a bit of hot lapping.

I usually get 6 in, and that's a good day for me. Lots of data gets collected to work with.

Last edited:
Hopefully, we will see each other down in the Old Pueblo!

Jim Hughes, the guy who operates the track down there is a super nice guy. AND they do private track rentals fairly often, so you don't need a bar.. :) Buy in is usually $200, track goes live at 8AM and shuts down at 3PM. You can easily get 8 to 10 passes in 6 hours, if you don't mind a bit of hot lapping.

I usually get 6 in, and that's a good day for me. Lots of data gets collected to work with.
thanks for the info $ 200 is not a bad deal .I do hope to run into you sometime down the road. I have struggled tuning it. I fill I have all the right peaces in place, just lack the courage and knowledge to get it to 60. mr spool my 1/8 has always been my struggle , but I have a new converter , got it 20 min before COVID , we hope it helped the 60 foot. ill find out this summer.
talked to the planing department today ,plans in the last review with no problem yet.

thanks for the info $ 200 is not a bad deal .I do hope to run into you sometime down the road. I have struggled tuning it. I fill I have all the right peaces in place, just lack the courage and knowledge to get it to 60. mr spool my 1/8 has always been my struggle , but I have a new converter , got it 20 min before COVID , we hope it helped the 60 foot. ill find out this summer.
talked to the planing department today ,plans in the last review with no problem yet.
You have to get after the power as early as possible to have an optimum 60ft and 330ft😉 I am going to suspect more than just a converter issue and if it's a small turbo combo at full weight on a small radial tire you will have your hands full.
PM me if you want to go through some things

I would re think the bar in a street car. Get in accident on the streets with no helmet and your head bounces off the bar and your a vegetable. Its a tough call but if the car is 90% street driven make it safe for that. More likely to get in an accident on the street than on the track. Just a thought.

I would re think the bar in a street car. Get in accident on the streets with no helmet and your head bounces off the bar and your a vegetable. Its a tough call but if the car is 90% street driven make it safe for that. More likely to get in an accident on the street than on the track. Just a thought.
Thank you I had not thought about that.

Looking at the stand point of all the extra stuff needed. No blanket and bell housing would be simpler.