FLEX FUEL SENSOR PLUMBING

turbodaniel

clean air 1
I have a GM sensor off a 2003 Tahoe and have read that some installs Y off on the return line. Is this necessary or can it just be spliced in? I am running a magnafuel 625 pump with an lines

I had assumed it would just go in-line, but the potential for a return restriction is there. Guess it will depend upon how much maximum return flow you have

I have a GM sensor off a 2003 Tahoe and have read that some installs Y off on the return line. Is this necessary or can it just be spliced in? I am running a magnafuel 625 pump with an lines

I would y your return. Remember that the factory pump and pressure are lot less than what you will be having. All that I have seen installed have been Yed, including mine. You dont need a lot of fuel to flow through them to read.

I would y your return. Remember that the factory pump and pressure are lot less than what you will be having. All that I have seen installed have been Yed, including mine. You dont need a lot of fuel to flow through them to read.
Thanks figured that would be the way to go
I would y your return. Remember that the factory pump and pressure are lot less than what you will be having. All that I have seen installed have been Yed, including mine. You dont need a lot of fuel to flow through them to read.[/QUOTE

When you say 2003 tahoe, I assume you have this one.
M-ACDelco-FlexFuel-Sensor-V2-1.JPG

I have this one and I'm going to try to run straight through it even with a weldon 2035 pump. It's roughly .320 ID (same as -8 hose). There is one little ring in the middle where it samples, but it does not look like much of a restriction to me. The weldon can supposedly use a -6 return, so I should be fine. I hope to fire the car back up tomorrow and will know if it causes issues like that or not.
Flex_Fuel_Sensor_E85_in_stock_at_Dynosty.png

Where are these mounted on the trucks? Thought they were on the firewall but didn't see them.

Thats the one I have.... look forward to to hearing the results

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

No, I've had a cold and didn't get as much done this weekend as I wanted.

No, still nothing. I've gone off on another tangent and am changing a few things to make it more of a "street" car. It might not run for a while.

I have GM# 13577394

Done mine last week. Thanks for help mike.

Attachments

• 1403194062347.jpg
    1403194062347.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 544
  • 1403194086277.jpg
    1403194086277.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 489
the sensors do not need to be "Y'ed" there are designed to be run in the feed line of a production can and offer no restriction. In the return they will be fine

Wish i saw this before dumping big bucks on all the y fittings...any way a couple pics of install

With the new style flex sensor the inlet and outlet are larger then the old one like you have turbodaniel. I had to y my setup as well but with the new sensor you don't have to. The old sensor gets very small thus needed to y it

Nice install guys! You cannot be too careful on fuel systems. Using "Y" seems prudent with the level of investment many of you have made in your TB!
Conrad