Flat tappet Cam thrust button

nullrout

Quick question:

I'm doing a rebuild with a Comp Cams 212/212 flat tappet cam. What is the right thrust button to use with this setup...solid nylon or spring type that I've seen on some of the vendor's websites?

Thanks!

The roller spring button is your best option. I believe the factory style was a spring too it just didn't have a rollerized button. The roller button prevents wear on the backside of the cover which houses the water pump.

Quick question:

I'm doing a rebuild with a Comp Cams 212/212 flat tappet cam. What is the right thrust button to use with this setup...solid nylon or spring type that I've seen on some of the vendor's websites?

Thanks!

I think I got one, I'll send it with your stuff.

I think I got one, I'll send it with your stuff.

Cool, thanks! My local engine parts store was playing dumb like they couldn't find a part number for the roller version...they really wanted to sell me the nylon one they had on the shelf I think.

My local engine parts store was playing dumb like they couldn't find a part number for the roller version

Well they can't find it if you tell them it's for a LC2. Next time tell them to look under 86-88 Park Ave with the 3.8 VIN code "B" or "3". Not everyone is well versed in the Turbo Buick.:)