Flasher relays for '87 GN

Randy Hagins

I need the two stock flasher relays for my '87 GN. I bought this GN in May and it had the LED tail lights in it. I sold the tail lights and installed stock lights and now having issues with the flashers. I still have the LED flasher in the fuse box.
If you need more info please PM me, I may not have explained this correctly. Thanks in advance!!

Randy H

I need the two stock flasher relays for my '87 GN. I bought this GN in May and it had the LED tail lights in it. I sold the tail lights and installed stock lights and now having issues with the flashers. I still have the LED flasher in the fuse box.
If you need more info please PM me, I may not have explained this correctly. Thanks in advance!!

Randy H
They were always standard parts store items available everywhere. Aren't they still?

It's just a regular 2 prong flasher. I would stay away from the electronic ones as they seem to just fall apart.

I like the slightly slower flash rate of the heavy duty flashers, some are round and some are square, but the heavy duty ones are longer than the standard ones.

Standard
IMG_5125.PNG

Heavy duty
IMG_5126.PNG

The ones you sent a picture of (hazard flasher) go into the fuse box, would you know what I would need for the purple/blue wire to connect? I found these diagrams in the electrical manual. Thanks for the info!!
IMG_1003.jpg
IMG_1006.jpg
IMG_1007.jpg
IMG_1007.jpg

Great, I appreciate it! I'll get to NAPA today and pick up a set. I did test the connection with the blue/purple wire with the hazard flasher I have in the fuse box area.....left and right turn signals work! I just need to figure out why the radio lights flash with the hazard lights now, strange!

Great, I appreciate it! I'll get to NAPA today and pick up a set. I did test the connection with the blue/purple wire with the hazard flasher I have in the fuse box area.....left and right turn signals work! I just need to figure out why the radio lights flash with the hazard lights now, strange!

Great, Diso is not dead after all! Hehe

It almost sounds like someone tapped the wrong wire for radio lighting????

Great, Diso is not dead after all! Hehe

It almost sounds like someone tapped the wrong wire for radio lighting????
That’s probably exactly what happened.

If you have an aftermarket radio, and it was installed by one of those hock shops, I would trace the lighting wire and find out if they used a pinch connector somewhere where they weren’t supposed to.

If you want it to dim with your interior dash lighting I would make a proper connection after the dimmer switch somewhere.