fixed exhaust leak runs hotter???

spunbearing

hi i had a driver side exhaust header crack so i took it off and had it fixed.I got the header back on took it for a test drive and found it runs at 195 degrees on the scanmaster :confused: was 175 to 180? that is without the air on .shot up to 210 with the air . I am puzzled ?any thoughts ?
thanks dale in Arizona

btw outside temp 91
160 t-stat
fresh radiator and waterpump

What was the coolant temp before, AND, the outside temp when the car was running "cooler"?

Is the water level OK? Obviously, the header shouldn't affect the engine temp like that. I had one car with Cometic head gaskets that had a very slow leak. I'd have to top it off with water at least once a month.
Were you driving "in the city" or on the highway? Typical problems with in the city driving is the fan not coming on, or water level too low.
Good Luck.
Kevin

coolant temp before header fix 175 average mid 80s to low 90s outside temp. and coolant level has stayed the same ,
thanks for the input .I hope it is not a head gasket :( I have been getting a little water out of both pipes after it sits for a couple days whan it is cold but no fluid level change.
thanks dale in arizona
oh yea fan comes on at 175 and goes off at 160

It's probably just coincidence that the temp is now higher. Drain a littel fluid from radiator and see if there is evidence of a plugged radiator. Might be bad water pump, too. I'd check the radiator first, though.