five cars trucks and trailers stolen in bowling green!

Were all the cars stolen on a trailer with a tow vehicle?

I know Nashville is near by but Crime lives in Memphis, TN it's pretty bad there and to top it off there are alot of rich area's around. Really a bad story I feel bad for all those that sunk their lives and time into their cars. Hopefully everything is insured.

I'm an editor over at Jalopnik. If someone can email me the photos/details/whatever we can put out an APB. matt at jalopnik dot com.

Best of luck.

I just took this from facebook and posted it here i cant beleive this **** happened!!!! I dont know Billy personally i know some of you do but i figured it couldnt hurt.....

William Wager
Alert! STOLEN CAR, CASH REWARDFOR THE RECOVERY of this car, trailer and truck. Billy T,s 1987 8 second GN was stolen from the holiday inn, Bowling Green Kentucky early sunday morning 10/23/2011. If anyone one has seen this truck, trailer and car traveling out of Bowling Green, please call the Bowling green police at, 1-270-393-2473, or email Billy T at GNXTC2@AOL.com.

Attachments

• stolen gn.jpg
    stolen gn.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 10,183
Got anymore names of the owners of these stolen rigs?
I ask because I know someone who was there but haven't heard from them.

What a shame, is that Billy from NJ. What a damn shame, I cant believe this happened. The scumbag that did this should rot.

Got it posted on my Facebook as well guys. We have the Mississippi Gulf Coast on lock down for you guys. Terrible, just terrible this has happened! Let us know if we can do anything down south for you guys!

Chad

5 cars in one night! Unbelieveable! I'd be a total wreck, they're not something you can just go out and replace and Im sure mine isn't nearly as nice as the ones taken. Hope they catch em with the cars intact.

i have been there before... i know how devastated all of you are and i'm hoping everyone gets their cars back. so ****ty :(

gnmaster2204 you have a 05 dodge ram 1500?? dont those trucks bring a codified key how did the steal your truck + trailer?? tow truck?

I haven't posted here in forever but just wanted to show some support here. This absolutely makes me sick and reminds me of when my 87 GN was stolen (the 11th anniversary of it just passed on Oct 21st).

I hope the perps are found, and shot on sight.

Similar situation at the Hurst Olds Nationals in Indy in 2009, 4 H/O's were stolen in the middle of the night. Probably the same trash...
Hotel camera showed two black dudes, they were in each car in less than 10 seconds and cars were gone in 30 seconds.
Two 84 H/O's and two 79 H/O's were stolen.
One 79 was recovered, interior and all the chrome was parted, gold was spray painted over black.
One 84 was recovered, parted out.
The other two are probably in Dubai...

I hope these cars turn up, it makes me sick to hear such news.
Good luck guys.

No coded key. The motel survalence video showed them drive ing it away in seconds, at 9:37 PM saturday nite

Just heard,this just makes me sick,i remember all the crazy gn robbery stories in the late 80s an early 90s,But to have it done in modern days with all the technologies and cameras up everybodys asses!I just dont know......

Wow this news sucks! Hopefully everyone was fully insured! While insurance money can't bring back the blood, sweat, and tears that we put into these cars, at least it helps! I worked for the insurance companies for some years doing stolen recovered theft and it sure sounds like they planned this out pretty good. Maybe even months in the planning. Also be careful what you post on these forums as I'm sure they are on here watching and reading along just like we all are. These are not some kids with screw drivers who got lucky. I'm sure these people attended the event and picked out and followed the cars back to the hotel(s) from the track everyday picking out what ones they were going to take. They also knew the cars, trucks, and trailers would be loaded the most Saturday night into Sunday. If they don't show up in 48 hours they typically never will. All you can do is keep your eyes out for anyone trying to sell parts that may be stolen off these cars and report it to the local police. Would be nice if they catch them but then again a slap on the wrist and back out on the street they go. :(

Similar situation at the Hurst Olds Nationals in Indy in 2009, 4 H/O's were stolen in the middle of the night. Probably the same trash...
Hotel camera showed two black dudes, they were in each car in less than 10 seconds and cars were gone in 30 seconds.
Two 84 H/O's and two 79 H/O's were stolen.
One 79 was recovered, interior and all the chrome was parted, gold was spray painted over black.
One 84 was recovered, parted out.
The other two are probably in Dubai...

I hope these cars turn up, it makes me sick to hear such news.
Good luck guys.

The 84' was recovered? I thought it was 2 83's and an 84' still out there. I know the 79' was recovered. Being that the 79' was recovered in Indy it's no doubt some dirties in the Indy area who have them (or the parts off of them).

So just to make this clear, it was 5 different Turbo Regals on trailers/trucks taken? Jalopnik is making it sound like just one, but we have descriptions of two tow vehicles so far. The sooner those owners or someone chimes in with descriptions of the other ones, the better. My money is in the Memphis area.