First time with wideband, powerlogger, e-85, and new turbo. Help looking at PL data

trbogn

I finally made it out to the track with my new mods. I know it is better to do do 1 or 2 mods at a time, but I ended up doing all of this over the winter.

Newly installed bison TA60-1 turbo with garret .63 exhaust, 80lb seimens, Wideband, e-85, and TT wideband e-85 chip burned for 25 pounds.

This was first time with new combo and with running e-85, so was running low boost. This was also my first time using the powerlogger.

I will just highlight 2 passes that I took and would appreciate any feedback on the PL data.

I am running TurboTweak v6.1 self correcting wideband e-85 chip.

Pass 1. Powerlogger file 79. Run starts at frame 670 or so.
14 pounds boost. The car fell flat on its face in second gear with no power, then picked up again into 3rd and 4th gear. The PL shows it was running very rich with maximum correction (blm of 115). Think I ran a 14.3 @98 or so. My guess is that since the chip was burned for 25 pounds I was just running WAY too rich?

After a few more passes I got the boost up to about 19-20. I inserted a new correction input of 117 to lean it out more. Car felt better, but still falling on its face early in the run. Ran a 13.0 @104.
Pass 2. Powerlogger file 710. Run starts at frame 640 or so.

My thoughts are that since I am running much lower boost than the chip was burned for (25 pounds) that I am running very rich and killing power. Also, might have an exhaust leak from when I installed my turbo? Possibly from the exhaust housing to exhaust manifold?

How do the power logger files look?

Thanks a ton.

Attachments

• 710.dat
    135.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 79.dat
    142 KB · Views: 32
Running that rich wont make it fall on its face
Did you ever change valve springs?
4 seconds to get full boost is another thing that concerns me. Sounds like you may have a pre turbo exhaust leak.
Did you use or reuse the copper gasket from the turbo to header flange?
I would check DS header for cracks too.
thats about all i have time for.

HTH

Just for my curiosity did you change your converter when you changed your turbo? I cant see your Power logger file on my work computer will open when I get home. I am putting together a very similar set up but I didn't see a converter on your list or in your signature. Do you know what stall you are running?

Thanks for the info.

Car still has the stock valve springs. I ran 110mph with the stock turbo last summer. I know these should be replaced at some point.

I did not use a gasket from the exhaust manifold to the turbo. I read a few posts on here saying the no gaskets were needed. Should I consider placing a gasket? When I first installed the turbo I noticed exhaust coming from this connection, I tightened the bolts a bit more and it solved the leak. This was just at idle though and just burping the turbo......I am sure any leak would be much worse under full boost. Sounds like I need to place a gasket there.

XLR8ONU, I am using the stock converter. Bison stated that this turbo with the .63 garret exhaust housing would spool just fine with the stocker.

Thanks for the info.

Car still has the stock valve springs. I ran 110mph with the stock turbo last summer. I know these should be replaced at some point.

I did not use a gasket from the exhaust manifold to the turbo. I read a few posts on here saying the no gaskets were needed. Should I consider placing a gasket? When I first installed the turbo I noticed exhaust coming from this connection, I tightened the bolts a bit more and it solved the leak. This was just at idle though and just burping the turbo......I am sure any leak would be much worse under full boost. Sounds like I need to place a gasket there.

XLR8ONU, I am using the stock converter. Bison stated that this turbo with the .63 garret exhaust housing would spool just fine with the stocker.

I don't have access to PL but it'll need to be leaned out in 1st gear to get it to spool decent...