First Time at Track for both me and my car

I am diligently trying to prove a point on max boost with stock chip. All was great up until 5 minutes ago. 39 psi line off stock regulator. 13psi no knock whatsoever. 15psi - 6 plus degrees at 707 o2 (did not stay in it and never hit WOT) Adjustable fuel regulator 43 psi line off. Now she runs with hesitation and stutter no boost and knock under just about any level of boost. Running generally like crap now. Guys have told me they are watching this thread to see progress so I'm being diligent, not to mention I'm curious myself. The vacuum line to the new regulator is a bit of a bend but does not look pinched (the new regulator is a bit taller than stock).
Joel
As I said in my last post,you were lean and it was time to add the regulator.You posted O2 numbers of .695 and .742. Those numbers are very lean and seem to be erratic based on the order they were recorded. You added more boost without raising the fuel pressure and noted a .702 O2 number. This is still very lean. It's extremely lean,if you noted this number as soon as you went WOT. The number you want to see,when you first go full throttle is something over .800. The standard number to shoot for is .780,but that is after a full quarter mile run going through the traps. Turn the boost back down. Check your blm number at idle. If it's high,look for a leak. Then check for a one to one rise in fuel pressure. You have a fuel delivery problem.

The adjustable would not add anything additional to the stock under boost correct? 1:1.
Joel
Incorrect. It doesn't change the duration of on time of the injector,but the extra pressure pushes more fuel through the nozzle while the injector is open. The motor gets more fuel. It will still rise one to one,but you'll start at a higher number and rise one to one up to a higher number.

It is a "pressure" regulator and thats that

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
It's an "adjustable" pressure regulator and that means you can use it to control the amount of fuel the engine receives.

It's an "adjustable" pressure regulator and that means you can use it to control the amount of fuel the engine receives.
Lol, ok i left out the "adjustable" part.
Thank you sir

don't forget to take the drivers floor mat out ! It might have slid up an not let you get WOT

funny you post about the mat
i am forever pulling it back from the front to prevent that
the matt seems yo walk forward with no one in the car

i spent a bit of time on the car tonight
i unplugged the ecm wire for a bit while i looked around the motor for loose hoses and the like. then started her up and drove around the block. still running like crap. i sat and idled and noticed the bl going from 117 to 140 and then back again. did this 4 or 5 times and then settled at 117. i had been 128 before regulator.

i spent a bit of time on the car tonight
i unplugged the ecm wire for a bit while i looked around the motor for loose hoses and the like. then started her up and drove around the block. still running like crap. i sat and idled and noticed the bl going from 117 to 140 and then back again. did this 4 or 5 times and then settled at 117. i had been 128 before regulator.

It's pulling fuel to compensate for the extra fuel pressure and thus pulling your BLs down to indicate such. I'd say you're still close enough though, almost within 10 of 128.

When you unplugged the ecm you lost the previous data so it will have to learn all new numbers. Drive it around normal for a few minutes.

we4Mateo - you've only come off one way, that is super helpful.

I would think that for the experienced guys like yourself, watching a newbie like me plod through the steps you've been through a 100 times is a bit amusing and likely frustrating to some. I was just really curious to see how far I could get with a stock tune. Seems like for me it was 13psi.

I am really looking forward to getting her dialed in at 17 or so. I'm close.
Today was the first real setback.
I'm learning a ton and your help is really appreciated.
I hope others will benefit from the posts.
Joel

You need to put your TT chip in. The factory chip has too much timing to run 17psi.
Even with my TT chip, at 17psi I was getting .5-1 degrees of knock.

As far as the rough idle goes, check to see if there's a piece of carbon in stuck in the EGR valve. The added boost and knock may have been enough to knock some loose.

I'm planning a trip back to the track next week if you're interested in going.

i would really like to go but will be tough to find time to sort car between now and then

right now the car is running reakky poorly had been fine before fuel regulator

the bouncing bl wad a new one

joel

The TT chip and set the fp to 43 with the line off and see how it runs.

The TT chip and set the fp to 43 with the line off and see how it runs.
I dont under stand why the chip has not yet been installed my self. He said he was trying to prove a point, and i told him its been done. Point proven, put that chip in or setting for less with the stock fpr back on

has been nutty at work
tomorrow night i will turn fp back to 39 line off and see if that clears things up
ireally want to try to get my best time on the stock chip and then out she comes
thanks guys
joel

I dont under stand why the chip has not yet been installed my self. He said he was trying to prove a point, and i told him its been done. Point proven, put that chip in or setting for less with the stock fpr back on

He's wanting to see,for himself,if he can run 17 lbs of boost with the stock chip and today's 93 octane. He hasn't done it yet,so the point hasn't been proven. According to we4Mateo and ZNix,this has not been done because it is impossible. We'll see. Joel works 23 hours/day and 364.5 days per year. The rest of his time is open for family and his car. As you can see,it takes him a long time to get any single thing done to his car.