first time at the track with the GN

Went ahead with the R style since I want to be able to swap wheels at the house then drive to the track. 60 miles round trip, roughly. Tough bullet to bite financially for something that'll see so little use, but a low 11 (if possible) will make it all worth while. Also looking at 15x8 4.5bs weld look alikes at a little over $100 per wheel

Went ahead and got a full set of wheels so they'd all match. 15x8 rears and 15x4 fronts. Read that 205/70 would fit the fronts...well I got them mounted up and don't care for the sidewall being squeezed so much. Going with proper skinnies like I should have done in the first place. Have read that the m/t sportsmans are ideal. What size do you think would look/perform best?

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 75
Hey sweet car. I live in Amarillo. Been building my car and have really enjoyed the input you have gotten on this post helping me decide on my wheel tire combo

At the track now. Best run so far is 11.9 at 114. Battery voltage 13.1 and the AFR/blms not steady. Not sure what's going on but am not getting any knock. Battery is about done perhaps? Alky 6. Best 60ft 1.8 left on 8psi
Been at the track like it's a religion lol.if your going to the valley Saturday I could take a look at your pass,give you some imput.

Hey sweet car. I live in Amarillo. Been building my car and have really enjoyed the input you have gotten on this post helping me decide on my wheel tire combo

Thanks...the people on this forum are awesome for the knowledge they share.

Been at the track like it's a religion lol.if your going to the valley Saturday I could take a look at your pass,give you some imput.

Think this may have been meant for another thread but I still have to get the front tires and a rear sway bar before going back to the track. Found a faulty WBo2 sensor was to blame for the erratic AFR readings. The local track here is Amarillo dragway.

Think this may have been meant for another thread but I still have to get the front tires and a rear sway bar before going back to the track. Found a faulty WBo2 sensor was to blame for the erratic AFR readings. The local track here is Amarillo dragway.
Texas?I'm in ny

Hope to run next test n tune. Got the airbags in and am going to install the new swaybar tomorrow. So far, I've got tire pressure at 18psi, 10 in DS bag 20 in PS bag. Launch psi 15 maybe? Forgot to mention in the mod list that the motor has stock ported heads. Should I up the boost to 30psi? Currently 27ish. Internal gate is adjusted to the max and won't hold any more than 27psi. Might try helper springs of some sort. Any tips or recommendations?

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 70
Keep your boost the same so you can concentrate on the launch and bettering the old times. Those tire and air bag pressures are what I used and got 1.5s with them and both 255 and 275 drag radials. You may need to play a little with them but you should be pretty close I think.

Keep your boost the same so you can concentrate on the launch and bettering the old times. Those tire and air bag pressures are what I used and got 1.5s with them and both 255 and 275 drag radials. You may need to play a little with them but you should be pretty close I think.

Was getting a little ahead of myself there...yeah I agree to leave the boost setting alone. Do you think a 15psi launch is a good idea or should I start at 10psi and see how the car behaves...then increase the boost until a 1.6 or 1.5 is achieved?

Hope to run next test n tune. Got the airbags in and am going to install the new swaybar tomorrow. So far, I've got tire pressure at 18psi, 10 in DS bag 20 in PS bag. Launch psi 15 maybe? Forgot to mention in the mod list that the motor has stock ported heads. Should I up the boost to 30psi? Currently 27ish. Internal gate is adjusted to the max and won't hold any more than 27psi. Might try helper springs of some sort. Any tips or recommendations?
See how the track is and work the boost launch up

Welp, no more racing for now. Just had the front seal go out on a sub 1k mile David Husek trans. Got a best 60' of 1.7 though. No other progress was made.