First Kill

needforspeed

I pulled up to a light tonight and there was a BRIGHT yellow z28 (late 80's early 90's) sitting there,it had weld pro stars w/ wide back tires,loud exhaust,and sounded like it had a lumpy cam.I looked over, it was 2 dudes in the car,they look over @ me and the driver yells over that he isn't even gonna waste his time and that he'll give me a head start!:mad: Now I'm thinkin' I must be way out of my league because he seems very confident.I start to give the engine a little boost while i'm waiting for the light to turn green,next thing I know the Z jumps the light and is half way through the intersection before the light turns green,I launch my the GN around 5-8 pounds of boost and the backend is fish tailing all the way through the intersection!After the car stops fish tailing the tires are still spinning,when I finally start getting some traction I'm right on his ass end,I get right along side of him and then I run out of road!:mad: So about 2 miles down the road we catch another light with no traffic,we're sitting there and the driver yells over to run again,so this time I yell back to him..DON'T JUMP THE LIGHT THIS TIME!He yells something back to me but I can't hear it over his exhaust.This time I just punch it off the the line and he doesn't jump it,I get him off the line and I smoke him by at least 10 car lengths!!:D WHAT A RUSH!!!!!:cool:

HAVEN'T BEEN TO TRACK YET

I haven't been to the track yet but I want to get this bad boy on a dyno,I raced a Dodge Viper tonight at the same light and BEAT IT!!!!!!!!

You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. There's a sign post up ahead; your next stop, the Twilight Zone.

Re: HAVEN'T BEEN TO TRACK YET

Originally posted by needforspeed
I haven't been to the track yet but I want to get this bad boy on a dyno,I raced a Dodge Viper tonight at the same light and BEAT IT!!!!!!!!

You killed a NEWER Viper?? They run VERY low 12's, and you got him from a roll, where they shine with your almost TOTAL stock car :eek: (I'm not sure, thats just based on your posts)?..... Hmmm.... something seems fishy.....I Think a TOTAL list of your mods is in order!

Forget the dyno. Let the track be your dyno. Supras make bigger numbers on a dyno than almost any other car, but ours normally outrun them at the track. It's all about ET buddy!

Well you also gotta factor the "bad viper driver element"
i've seen plenty of guys with high priced fast cars get beat do to the fact that they couldn't drive the car properly. Either way chalk another one up for the good guys.:D

Yeah, I tore up a ZO6 at the track the other night. He had just bought the car, and couldn't launch it. The race should have been about even.

Re: Re: HAVEN'T BEEN TO TRACK YET

Originally posted by TClassic
You killed a NEWER Viper?? They run VERY low 12's, and you got him from a roll, where they shine with your almost TOTAL stock car :eek: (I'm not sure, thats just based on your posts)?..... Hmmm.... something seems fishy.....I Think a TOTAL list of your mods is in order!
I don't believe i said anything about what year the Viper was!I'm well aware the newer ones are MUCH faster than the older ones,the truth is I have no clue what year it was.Fishy to you,only because you weren't there.

Originally posted by Trader_Slick
Well you also gotta factor the "bad viper driver element"
i've seen plenty of guys with high priced fast cars get beat do to the fact that they couldn't drive the car properly. Either way chalk another one up for the good guys.:D
I agree with you 100%,but I still enjoyed seeing him in my rear view mirror!!!!:cool: