First kill new buick owner

87-WE4

I got my first kill yesterday. My cousin lives beside a guy who has a 89 mustang foxbody that has some
Work done bored over 30, heads injectors ect.. My cousin told him that I had a stock Buick GN and wanted to race which wasn't quite a lie the engine is stock never opened has some bolt ons TE-60 Garrett turbo, alky control kit, 25# boost, 60# injectors, TT alky tune, hemco 62mm plenum with matching throttle body, ls1 MAF with translator, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, comp 980 valve springs, hooker 2.5 inch exhaust 3 in THDP newly built transmission complete rebuild with shift kit billet drum and a art carr 16930 nlu torque converter. Also running air bags in rear springs and nitto drag radials. But sounds stock is stock appearing. So he looked under the hood and was skeptical but agreed to race. I'll let the video speak for itself gotta love what his dad says at the end!! Finally told him what it had so he didn't feel too bad.. Lol

Thanks guy.. He said he beat a 2012 transformers edition 6.2 Camaro before he had his heads done. My best time is 12.28 @ 115 before I rebuilt transmission and added torque converter plus added air bags and valve springs. Hoping to get into 11's on this combo.

LOL...sorry dude but you don't get to say you have a stock car, never had the engine opened but then tell us you have different valve springs.

We all love stomping someone but baiting them into it by bluffing on the mods is a cheap way to win a race.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

The other guy knew he was in a race.
IMO . . . A race is a race and a win is a win. Nicely done.

Lol removing valve covers makes it a opened engine?? Lmao!! Ok whatever.. Anyway it was all in fun we are good friends now.

Last edited:
Unless you crammed the springs down the oil fill tube, then yes, you opened the engine.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

what I call opened engine is cam swapping or otherwise.. Either way it was all in fun not like we raced for money or anything.

Good kill! Let us know when you get into the 11s.

Cool race. I'm not feeling too sorry for that Stang. The hood scoop was almost as high as the roof.:D
Priceless commentary from video car.

Nice kill.

Always good to shut down a mud stain. Great kill. And don't worry about the valve springs. It's hard enough to get some body to race when you tell them it's bone stock lol. As long as money isn't involved of course lol

Took it to the local track yesterday got into the 11's

11.89@110 mph

1.639 60 foot

10 psi launch with 28x9 MT slicks

Congrats on a very respectable ET. That thing seems to be hooking quite well. Post your combo in your sig when you get a chance. :)

Mike B.

Glad you got there! Your mph seems low. Have you ever calculated the slip?