First ever alum GN rims. pics.

Was never a fan of the stock gn wheels but these look great. I have gta's on my car right now. I like the new gtas but a 18 is way over kill for me. A perfect combo would be 17's. Front a 17x8 and rear a 17x9.5, seriously if these or the other wheels ever come out with this combo thats what I am going to go with. 18 inch tires are way over priced and there are a ton of 17 sizes out there to run different set ups. Just my 2 cents

I have shopped and shopped for a set of wheels for my baby... Everytime i think i like a set, i hesitate... Those factory type wheels are perfect for this car! You guys nailed the idea of shedding weight and keeping the looks. If i had an acurate price and timeline for a set of painted 17's. ...?

So awesome! keep me posted

I think I’ll get my flame resistant underwear on but I’m not sure if I like them or not. There a great looking wheel but I feel like something is missing. I don’t know if it’s the center or what, maybe it’s the stepped barrel not sure what it is. Maybe when the black is added I will like them. In any case its way cool you had them made up and will definitely make you stand out .

I think I’ll get my flame resistant underwear on but I’m not sure if I like them or not. There a great looking wheel but I feel like something is missing. I don’t know if it’s the center or what, maybe it’s the stepped barrel not sure what it is. Maybe when the black is added I will like them. In any case its way cool you had them made up and will definitely make you stand out .

Don't worry,

I'm fresh out of lighter fluid.:D
This was the unpainted prototype. A few changes were made from this. The lug nut holes will be a bit smaller. There will be a slight step put in where the paint for the black center section starts, similar to the stockers.

Plus, you havn't seen them with the spinners mounted yet.:eek::D

One more pic for today.
MustangGNrims032.jpg

The UPS man delivered my four brand new MT tires today.:)

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

More eye candy. Just to keep you guys strung out like a bunch of junkies.:eek::D
The center power 6 logo, is just popped out of a stock center cap.

MustangGNrims031.jpg

Mike Barnard

I always Hated the stock GN wheels ........ until Now :biggrin:
Absolutely Beautiful !

There will be a slight step put in where the paint for the black center section starts, similar to the stockers.

You read my mind on that ;)

17 x 8 4.5" b.s. and 17 x 9.5 4.75 b.s. IMO

Awesome, and great job for finding someone to pull this off so nicely and you putting out the $$ and time to make it happen.

Can't wait to see how the black transforms the rim into a stock aluminum sleeper. ;)

I dont feel so bad now sounds like you thought they were missing somthing too with those small changes it should make me feel better about them. Ive aways wanted a set of 16 or 17 stock GN wheels but im one of the cheep guys I dont like to spend to much more then 300 a wheel.

what will a set of these cost?

I hope to have that info this week. It may depend on what intrest is, and how many he does in a run. but, I'm not sure. With people posting what sizes that are interested in, he can get an idea of what is the best size to do a run of. That's where were at right now. We should have the first set of rims (mine:)) out of the paint shop any day now. I'll post pic of them as soon as I get them.

Sooooooooon.:)

Mike Barnard

price is a no brainer, like most custom wheels expect it to be in the 3500 and up range....3k on the lowside maybe for 15/16's.
take a mold to China to bring the cost down...sometimes quality too:rolleyes:

price is a no brainer, like most custom wheels expect it to be in the 3500 and up range....3k on the lowside maybe for 15/16's.
take a mold to China to bring the cost down...sometimes quality too:rolleyes:
I wouldnt be so fast to pass judgement on a price,when he got the roller lifters made they ended up being better quality than the comp lifters and $100 cheaper :eek::cool: i gurantee you noone saw that coming!! Im just sayin you never know...

Some 15x8 1/2's with 4 1/4 backspacing, or 15x9's with 4 1/2 backspacing would be awesome.

Yea,
It is kinda a shame to paint them. I hate to cover up nice work, but they are getting painted to look as close to a GN rim as we can. Black paint will even be a semigloss just like the stockers.:)

The joke going around my house the last day or two was, that I was going to sleep with that rim next to me in bed, and make my wife sleep on the floor.:D

Good thing that she was wearing somthing sexy, or I'd be in the dog house.:)

Mike Barnard

Those rims WOULD be on my floor when I was sleeping. I slept with my downpipe when I first got it:tongue:

Damn those are hot. Can't wait to see them painted and on your car!

Mike, WOW!!!!!!!
Well done!! Those are incredible, you have a talented guy doing your work. Can't wait to see them completed and on the car.

Bryan

Can someone photoshop the rim as it is unpainted to his car? I'm curious to see what it would like unpainted.

Dannyo