First data log with wideband chip

Short of some kind of foreign object stuck in the wastegate hole,yes. I've never heard of anyone who could make that much boost with the wasegate hole wide open. That's why I wonder if it is abnormally small. When you where running the 5.7 chip,did you have trouble controlling boost?
Also added alky at the same time. I pretty sure I would get some slight knock before @ 20psi which is understandable.

Same turbo, unported throttle body. Not sure if I was Wot before. Didn't have the powerlogger before to go back and look at TPS. But I dont really think I went WOT before either because of the slight knock, I would get out if it.

Downpipe is off. Here is what I am working with. What do you guys think about the size of wastegate hole? Do I make it bigger?

Attachments

• 1127212017_HDR.jpg
    1127212017_HDR.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 136
  • 1127212014.jpg
    1127212014.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 169
  • 1127212016_HDR.jpg
    1127212016_HDR.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 165
  • 1127212017a.jpg
    1127212017a.jpg
    749.2 KB · Views: 171
  • 1127212018a.jpg
    1127212018a.jpg
    455 KB · Views: 135
Obviously I dont want to go too big because then I will have problems making boost. Any idea on how much bigger? I also remember reading somehwere that just putting a radius on the inside edge of the hole will flow 20-30% more. Does it matter if the hole is not a perfect circle? You can see by the witness mark that the puck is not perfectly centered over the hole. I think I am going to start with smoothing the inside edge than just barely making bigger and see where that gets me.

I have the exact same turbo 6152 and Downpipe THDP. It would boost creep at WOT past 27 psi if I didn’t lift my foot off the gas. I went and had it the wastegate ported at a shop. My DP puck was not centered, so we didn’t open up much at all. I also set up the turbo tuner style at this point. The lowest psi I can achieve now at wot is 22/23 psi. I’m happy with that, no KR and it’s a street car anyway. The other option is to go with an external wastegate. But that costs a bit of change to do.

I have the exact same turbo 6152 and Downpipe THDP. It would boost creep at WOT past 27 psi if I didn’t lift my foot off the gas. I went and had it the wastegate ported at a shop. My DP puck was not centered, so we didn’t open up much at all. I also set up the turbo tuner style at this point. The lowest psi I can achieve now at wot is 22/23 psi. I’m happy with that, no KR and it’s a street car anyway. The other option is to go with an external wastegate. But that costs a bit of change to do.
That's basically what I am experiencing. I am hitting 28-30lbs of boost before I even get to WOT, so I am getting out of the throttle.

Downpipe is off. Here is what I am working with. What do you guys think about the size of wastegate hole? Do I make it bigger?

Port it to 1.15-1.20 ish. You have plenty of material to work with in there. Just try to keep it even all the way around.

you could grab abottle cap that’s slightly bigger than the current hole and mark it in the housing with a sharpie then take material using the mark as reference

Any idea on how much bigger? I also remember reading somehwere that just putting a radius on the inside edge of the hole will flow 20-30% more.
I would enlarge the hole to the midway point between the hole's current size and the OD of the puck. Yes to the radius,but don't radius the opposite side of the hole. Only radius the side of the hole closest to the turbo flange on the header. Don't radius the side of the hole closest to the turbine. This will help the exhaust gasses to turn into the hole.

I would enlarge the hole to the midway point between the hole's current size and the OD of the puck. Yes to the radius,but don't radius the opposite side of the hole. Only radius the side of the hole closest to the turbo flange on the header. Don't radius the side of the hole closest to the turbine. This will help the exhaust gasses to turn into the hole.
So radius the hole in this area? Just the inside edge of course.

Attachments

• IMG_4632.JPG
    IMG_4632.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 150
I told you the easy way of marking it. I also said it's not an exact science. I also said if you port it to far you won't build max boost. RJC sells a biggie puck and a shim for those that port it to far or have an exhaust housing that was hogged out for an external gate.