First data log with wideband chip

I looked at them. You're hitting snapshot. Port the wastegate hole before you blow it up.

I removed boost controller and have hose hooked up "tuner style". Wastegate rod is backed off to just slip over flapper, "lowest setting". Boost still was going up 25+psi. I logged all the runs but can't seem to view them. Not sure what is going on. Here is my process hit the space bar it says recording, make pull. Hit space bar again to stop recording. Then hit the save file button, name the file and save. Then when I load the file to view it shows something but not the pull. What am I doing wrong? As far as my overboost issue I am wondering if I need to port the wastegate hole. I have a 6152 and it is untouched. I am beginning to wonder if this will make it to where I can control the boost. Thoughts? Here are a couple files let me know if you see something I don't. Thanks.
Disconnect the actuator from the wastegate crank.

About how much smaller do you want the wastegate hole than the flap?
If you port the wastegate hole,you will create another problem. If your turbine bypass hole is a restriction,it should become less and less of a restriction as you run more and more boost because you will be moving more exhaust through the turbine which means you will be moving less through the hole. It is when you try to run low boost with a big turbo that you will typically need to move more exhaust through the wastegate hole. The problem that you will create by enlarging the hole is that you will expose more surface area of the puck to the exhaust pressure which will push it open hindering high boost. As your next move,I would disconnect the actuator rod from the wastegate and see what it does. I also never advise a HD actuator because you can't run low boost should you decide to. With your current setup,I wouldn't be surprised if your boost creeped upward as the revs climbed,but I wouldn't expect it to be totally out of control. I also see nothing wrong with that as air has less time to enter the cylinder as the revs increase. I see some reasonable amount of boost creep as a good thing.

Just wondering if I should leave boost alone or what. For the manual boost controller do I leave the wastegate rod alone and just slowly increase until I start to see knock? Really wanting to get this dialed in for when the tracks finally open.
this is a personal choice,what do you want to do with your car,your afr is rich and there is enough fuel for more boost if you want.to me you dont have a problem and you have members on this thread leading you but you dont have a problem.27psi with low 10s is safe with enough meth flowing but you will need to see pump pressure.

Ported the wastegate hole on mine and I could run anywhere from 16-30 PSI. If you're happy with 27 and you've got plenty of fuel...then have at it. Good luck.:)

this is a personal choice,what do you want to do with your car,your afr is rich and there is enough fuel for more boost if you want.to me you dont have a problem and you have members on this thread leading you but you dont have a problem.27psi with low 10s is safe with enough meth flowing but you will need to see pump pressure.
I am logging fuel pressure already with the powerlogger. It is looking good. 65-67 psi at 25-27 lbs of boost.

He's talking about monitoring alky pump pressure.
Oh. Well now that I know what I was I doing wrong with logging the file I will make another log. Maybe one with the way it is now and one with the wastegate unhooked, then go from there.

Disconnect the actuator from the wastegate crank.
Update: I was able to get the car out and make a few logs. 2 of them are with the wastegate rod hooked up and 2 are with the rod unhooked from the downpipe puck. I was still able to hit 25 lbs of boost with the rod unhooked but it definitely took longer to spool up. I had to hold the gas quite a bit longer and further down to get there, than with the rod hooked up which is expected. Should I really be able to make that much boost with the rod unhooked? What does this mean? Do I need to port the wastegate hole? Still showing zero knock, AFR looks good and injector duty cycle is @ 70%. I would really like to be able to control the boost I would rather run a safer 20-25 psi than 30 psi. The other thing is according to the logs Im still not at WOT and hitting almost 30psi. Im a little scared to got WOT because I don't want the boost to go up any higher. I don't wan to blow it up! What should my next step be? Thanks.

Attachments

• Rod on #1.dat
    113.3 KB · Views: 84
  • Rod on #2.dat
    107.3 KB · Views: 94
  • Rod off #1.dat
    101.1 KB · Views: 81
  • Rod off #2.dat
    96.5 KB · Views: 80
Should I really be able to make that much boost with the rod unhooked?
No,you shouldn't. Does the crank move easily when you move it back and forth with your hand while the actuator is disconnected from it? Can you feel it catch or bind hindering movement?

No,you shouldn't. Does the crank move easily when you move it back and forth with your hand while the actuator is disconnected from it? Can you feel it catch or bind hindering movement?
Yes, it has full movement and is very easy to move. I can flick it with my finger and it will do a full sweep and come back.

Yes, it has full movement and is very easy to move. I can flick it with my finger and it will do a full sweep and come back.
I'm thinking you might have an unusually small hole. I think it's time to remove the downpipe and measure the hole and compare it to the witness mark left by the puck. The good thing about the witness mark is that it will tell you where you can remove material and where you can't. As a reference,my wastegate hole is 1.24".

Last edited:
I'm thinking you might have an unusually small hole. I think it's time to remove the downpipe and measure the hole and compare it to the witness mark left by the puck. The good thing about the witness mark is that it will tell you where you can remove material and where you can't. As a reference,my wastegate hole is 1.24".
That's kinda what I was thinking. It's about the only thing left right? I will try to get downpipe off this week and post a picture with measurements.

It's about the only thing left right?
Short of some kind of foreign object stuck in the wastegate hole,yes. I've never heard of anyone who could make that much boost with the wasegate hole wide open. That's why I wonder if it is abnormally small. When you where running the 5.7 chip,did you have trouble controlling boost?

Hard to say. I made alot of changes at once. Pwerlogger, Intercooler, ported throttle body plenum, Intake pipe etc. I remember still being able to hit @25 lbs.