First Autocross of the Year!

BuickMike231

60% of the time, it works every time.
Hey guys,

Last Sunday was the first SCCA Autocross of the year and it was a blast! I installed the Ride Tech Muscle Bar front sway bar and the DSE Rear Bar and what a difference those made. The car turns and rotates exactly how I wanted it to, now I just need bigger wheels and tires! Here is a video of my best run of the day. Enjoy!

Mike

Thanks guys! I finished second behind an 05 Mustang on slicks. He got me by 2.25 seconds. Last year he was typically about 2.5 seconds ahead of me on slicks, so I closed the gap a bit. Its cool to see the gap closing after adding sway bars too, so I kind of got some real world improvement data.

You could hear the tires spinning up a few times too, last year my wastegate was sort of seized. I fixed that so thy turbo is spooling up better than ever too!

I took four guys for rides that have various types of sports cars and all of them got out grinning ear to ear and giggling like a little kid after the runs! The GN gets massive respect!

great work brother keep it up.. when you think of autocross you don't think a GN or Gbody for that matter.. killem bro

Still running the tiny 225/50/15 BFG Rivals. I killed two of them at the event though so it's time to get a real size. Those 225s were just way too small and couldn't handle the weight of the car well. I'm thinking of doing some BFG G Force Sport Comp 2s in 255/50/15 on a set of GTA wheels I have laying around. It'll be a lot more meat under the car even though they aren't as sticky as the Rivals. It should be a good place holder until I can get 17 or 18" wheels and better tires for them.

I drove mine to my first dragcross/autocross event of the year last weekend and fuel pump quit 2 miles up the road. :( Thanks for posting up some inspirational vids! :)

I know how you feel! I've been there too, unfortunately. Once you get to an event its all worth it!

That is awesome. I ran my car at the goodguys autocross event in Scottsdale this past march. A just for fun run. WOW what a rush!!! I am hooked for life. I love the go-pro videos. I hope more people get involved in this and have more events across the country. I will participate if I can go.