Finally in the nines

jimmag

after trying for two years ,I ran at Lebanon Wed nite and got my GN into the nines ! Last pass of the nite and we ran a 9.98@137 now I need to get a license and thats a good problem ,JimsGN

Congrats, what was the trick to hit the 9 sec number?

That is very nice on stock displacement motor and small cam. That 67mm turbo must really push some air to run that mph. I am really surprised those injectors made it that far also, they must be real close to 100% dc.

btw...that is liter bike territory.

only changes from last year were RJC Power Plate,Miezere electric pump and new M/T DR's plus good air Wed nite and shit luck,which never hurts.Next the car needs to lose some weight and probably 84lb injectors and 116 fuel.JimsGN

Congrats!!!! How much boost were you running? Stock fuel lines? Im building a similar combo to yours gonna be hunting for mid tens using a 6266..

stock fuel lines 24 lbs,next year bigger cam and aluminum heads looking to be competitive in the THS class jim

jimmag said:
stock fuel lines 24 lbs,next year bigger cam and aluminum heads looking to be competitive in the THS class jim

Your car has mid 9 sec potential or possibly more in tsm trim with a few changes.

Wow Awsome , I'm fixn to order my 67 I'm happy to see your results with it , what injectors are u currently running now ?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Nice! What are you using for an ecm?

Your car has mid 9 sec potential or possibly more in tsm trim with a few changes.
Bison,I thought Id have a better chance competing in the THS class.Do you think TSM looked to me like it was too fast ,what do you think and what would I change? jim

jimmag said:
Bison,I thought Id have a better chance competing in the THS class.Do you think TSM looked to me like it was too fast ,what do you think and what would I change? jim
I won't post here for everybody to read what I would do. We can discuss it later. THS is a slower class but is hampered by lack of transmission selection and being forced to run a t04e compressor cover. Even with those limitations its still a sub 9.50 class. The THS class has a lot if room to grow IMO.

I won't post here for everybody to read what I would do. We can discuss it later. THS is a slower class but is hampered by lack of transmission selection and being forced to run a t04e compressor cover. Even with those limitations its still a sub 9.50 class. The THS class has a lot if room to grow IMO.
we'll talk my friend,jim

Congrats! Hope to join you maybe this summer.

the 3.73 gear jumped out at me. Are your RPMs getting up there through the traps with that gear?

about 6200 through the traps,60 ft was a crappy 1.58 , 6.43 1/8 mile @ 110.98 and it has Eaton Posi and Moser axles