Few questions for installing new Compressor

TRICKSIXPA

East Coast Go fast with class club MAGNA!!!
Staff member
So I bought a four seasons 68225 compressor and going to install it. First thing I notice is that it does not have a harness connector on the back of the unit. The two prong round clutch switch?? Is this normal or what? Next the four seals two red, green, and one nickel. The nickel plated washer looks like it goes on the wide port. So then do I use the wider green washer or thinner red washer?
Last question Pag oil where do I put it in? And how much??
Thanks AC system is definetly new to me on these cars. I have vacuum pump and a gauge set. Everything other than evaporator is replaced. Using stock hoses.
4d54207c8ee5490d190cecc7e56b2394.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Snap ring pliers, remove the pressure switch from the old compressor, and swap to the new one...
Do not use the red sealing washers..I lightly used rtv on the sides of the washers to hold them in place...lost one last time I swapped compressors..
Pretty easy job to swap compressors...

Read the tag on the compressor, I believe it has oil already installed..I added a couple of oz to the accumalator also.

That's done!! The tag only says it pre charge with3oz of oil. You added oil to the accumulator which is the dryer canister right?

Correct..I would add about 3 oz..to the accumalator/dryer.
I just did mine last week
Same bradn..Autozone..had a nice rebate $50

I've also seen that other people keep talking about these aluminum sleeves that come with the compressor. There were no sleeves in the box is this something I need?

i would not use the tube extensions, would wreck the compressor if they came loose...I never had a problem without them..

Good, I found a chart on the R4 and it states 8oz for the system with PAG 150 when using 134.