FEW MORE PARTS

2blacklines

Hey guys, it's been a while since i've logged since my intro. I received some great help from some good folks here. Thought i'd show off a little production as to where I am with the car. Just a recap with my resto/build, when i bought the car it ran like it was hating life. A MAF/tranlater fixed that problem. We put a new turbo tweak chip, and scan master G. The car is a cruiser but not ready for WOT. I"m stock piling parts for when the car goes in the shop where it will have it's drivers side floor pan and drivers rocker panel done, underbody and up the firewall cleaned and refinished. Frame to be sandblasted and recoated.
My parts collection so far consists of a new 255lb Racetronix fuel pump/sending unit,
new fuel tank and straps,
HR parts Motor mounts and transmission mounts,
vacuum brake upgrade kit, and
energy suspension body mounts.

Still waiting for floor pan and outer rocker to arrive.

Still need to get, racetronix fuel line kit,
new rad fan.
and of course, a grille.

I've attached a few pics as to where the car started to where it is now. Not too much has changed other than being able to drive. My Wife & I stripped the original tint and had a fresh tint installed. My son did the turn signal swap.

My wife didn't appreciate the dining room turning into a parts department so they got relocated to the basement storage. I didn't see what the problem was.

Thanks to all with the great advice thus far.

Attachments

• IMG_0827.jpg
    IMG_0827.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_0828.jpg
    IMG_0828.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_0814.jpg
    IMG_0814.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_0815.jpg
    IMG_0815.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_0816.jpg
    IMG_0816.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_0817.jpg
    IMG_0817.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 161
Looking good! Plenty of parts there to keep you busy for a while. Do you have any goals for 1/4 mile times?

Great job! Thank you for posting your progress.
Sometimes getting it running is the biggest challenge and doesn’t seem like you’ve accomplished much, but really you have.
Keep up the good work.

Looking good! Plenty of parts there to keep you busy for a while. Do you have any goals for 1/4 mile times?
Thanks. Busy is for sure. Haven’t really thought about 1/4 mile times. My first one went 11.6@113mph back in the 90’s. I stand behind these cars that it doesn’t take much to go fast. I think this time I want to try pro touring. Clean, tight underside, lowered stance. 18” wheels.. but, I will not shy away from a power upgrade. ;)

Great job! Thank you for posting your progress.
Sometimes getting it running is the biggest challenge and doesn’t seem like you’ve accomplished much, but really you have.
Keep up the good work.
Thanks. I would call this “stage 1”, The underside. The upper shows well, but has some rusty panels, dents scratches. It’s a project where my family and I do what we can with our skill set and tools. The rest will have to go to a pro.
September is the big month. Hopefully.