fender liner removal

GregInAtl

What is the process for removing the front inner fenders/metal liners? I am gonna have to go w/o due to scrubbage and height.
Is this a "remove the whole front of the freakin car"?!

Have you tried cutting out the section that is rubbing?

Yeah, but w/ the spindles and springs they compression rub almost like the diam is too large, but they are 26" still, and only 245/35s. I was considering essentially cutting the whole top out and still having essentially walls to block grime and water. I am just real low.

I had to cut out a section out on both my SS and old 66 SS so it wouldn't rub.I would just cut the section need so as you stated to block the grime and water.

Yeah, but w/ the spindles and springs they compression rub almost like the diam is too large, but they are 26" still, and only 245/35s. I was considering essentially cutting the whole top out and still having essentially walls to block grime and water. I am just real low.

What is the rim size and backspacing on your front rims?

I had to drop down to a 235 on front to solve my rubbing issues. I didn't have the heart to cut on my car.

Rob

What is the rim size and backspacing on your front rims?

I had to drop down to a 235 on front to solve my rubbing issues. I didn't have the heart to cut on my car.

Rob
20x8.5 w/ 5.25 BS and 7/16 wheel spacer, 245/35-20. I got the wheel out a bit, I even trimmed out the fender lips to the trim screws. With 2" drop spindles and 1"+ drop springs and 8.5" wide, something was bound to rub.....most ppl that go real low run 7"-8" wide.

20x8.5 w/ 5.25 BS and 7/16 wheel spacer, 245/35-20. I got the wheel out a bit, I even trimmed out the fender lips to the trim screws. With 2" drop spindles and 1"+ drop springs and 8.5" wide, something was bound to rub.....most ppl that go real low run 7"-8" wide.

Greg,

The 26 inch tall tire and wheels being out a bit create the rubbing. Have you thought about running a thinner spacer and trying to tuck the wheels in further or will that create other issues for you?

I also have 8.5 inch wide rims on the front of my car. If I were doing it again, I would have ordered 8 inch wide rims for the front.

Rob

Rob

You need a shorter tire, I just changed to 255/35/18 in front They rub a little but I am goinig to adjust the springs. Nice thing about coil overs.
Greg do you have dropped spindles?

I would also move the wheel in a little with less of a spacer and see how that does..........

Drop down to a 225. I had 245's at first and ended up shredding a tire first time out. I am out a little farther than you are but i'm sure your even lower than me, didnt think that was really possible! Try 1/4" smaller spacer first because it's the cheapest. I'm sure you'll still rub, but then go down to a .25. If that doesnt work, your pretty much S.O.L. Time to raise the car some.

On a side note, this is why I hate 2" drop spindles. Silver Fox and I use a set up that helps the camber curve tremendously, which in turn help the tire move up and in when loaded instead of sraight up and out like the drop spindles. I did make a set up like yours work using 20x8's, 2" drop spindles, and Hotchkis springs. No cutting but we need to play with the camber a ton. The car actually handled quite well and didnt rub at all but tires didnt last long. This was on an SS. Ill see if I can get a picture. This was on a "customers" car!;)