Fender Extension - X-Ray's Kit

Hot Air

E85 and S.E./Carolinas Moderator
Staff member
1st set should be installed by next Friday! Parts supposed to be shipped tomorrow (Sat). I have a 285-35-18 tire...think It will fit?
Conrad

Finally got driver side fender extender completed last week. I will try to install 295-30-19 Michelin Pilot Sport tires on 10.5" Corvette wheels (spacers read) on front this week. Also installed DSE 1.125" rear sway bar this morning. Getting closer slowly but surely. Seriously thinking about ordering set of Rivals in 335-30-18 and set of CCW in 12" wide by 18" diameter for rear and let my paint guy make it work by modifying wheelwell.
Conrad

Installed 295-30-19's (on Corvette 10.5 x 19" w/spacer. Inside edge of rim hitting upper control arm! This sucks as there is plenty room for tire! Will move wheel outboard (thinner spacer) and see if clears fender.
Conrad

Since we have the same front suspension: What is your front BS that's causing it to hit? I know those wheels have a lot.. I just ordered rims and I'm not concerned :0

I'm snowed in right now at home. Car is at my office. Basically, inside of wheel cannot extend over the upper ball joint. Rim hits the bars of the upper control arm, especially at full droop. Bare in mind, I was trying to fit a 10.5" wide wheel!
Conrad

What backspace did you order? What size/brand of tire are you planning on running?
Conrad

I got both sides done. Plenty of room for 275-30-18's. Going to get front end aligned and re-check clearances. Scot, what is your ride height now? I have about an inch of threads showing at bottom of spring.
Conrad