Feedback on powerlogger file

Frame 6060
Coolant 161
NB-815
WB-10.82
RPM-3854

Low coolant temp in the other ones is likely the rich cause. This frame with correct coolant temp appears normal for fueling.

I'll read the instructions... (or even just look at the cover which says set base to 3...)
That would be for a 3" LT1 style MAF. Set the BASE to the correct setting and see how it responds. Cooler weather does require more fuel but at that boost level and air temps it doesn't need a ton.

Get that boost signal hooked up! Wait until the engine is fully warm b/f you get on it so it will be in closed loop. Do a 3rd gear pull rolling into the throttle.

When I went to a 6152 from a 49 the chip didn't have near enuf fuel in it. I had to add high gear fuel to it to get it down the track till I got the correct one for it.

powerlogger.png

Its rich at the rpm level for sure.
I'd expect to see 815 or around there at WOT at the end of a pass on default in high gear with a 5.7 chip. With the engine at operating temperature he needs to lean into it slowly and have an eagle eye on the knock gauge. If I was a betting man he may not have enuf fuel for a full 1/4 pass. The other 3500 pulls were messed up as the engine wasn't at operating temperature. Didn't kick in till I went back and checked his IAT's and coolant temp.

I'd expect to see 815 or around there at WOT at the end of a pass on default in high gear with a 5.7 chip. With the engine at operating temperature he needs to lean into it slowly and have an eagle eye on the knock gauge. If I was a betting man he may not have enuf fuel for a full 1/4 pass. The other 3500 pulls were messed up as the engine wasn't at operating temperature. Didn't kick in till I went back and checked his IAT's and coolant temp.
I think it is going to build knock in up top as the iats raise and load created by going over 100mph,especially in the heat.
This is where octane is everyone's best friend😉
And meth injection shines.
I have seen strong mv numbers 820s and 4.5 degrees of knock up top of certain combos that alot of guys run.
This is where the combo needs more octane to really keep it happy and safe.
Also when guys are on a fixed map like a chip they really need a fuel cushion especially as the car goes down the track.
Yes we can pull timing but as the air changes the iats can go away fast or on the other end cold air requiring alot more fuel an experienced tuner will stay ahead of this.
Someone who is not paying attention will creating damage😎

Eric really over fuels the car which is a credit to him.
If guys want to sharpen their pencil they can😉
That's why that 5.7 adjustable is a great chip.

Eric really over fuels the car which is a credit to him.
If guys want to sharpen their pencil they can😉
That's why that 5.7 adjustable is a great chip.
Based on the bigger turbo/slower spool, do you think it would be worth going back to Eric for another chip?

This is sounding potentially like a "need a new chip" issue. But I'll go ahead an take the advice given so far.

-Hookup boost gauge to PL
-Ordered a new Denso O2 sensor (went single wire rather than Casper's 4-wire)
-Read the translator manual and set accordingly
-Maybe a new temp sensor?

Thanks again for all the input.

Temp sensor seems to be working properly. Get the setting and O2 done and test. From there you can do some adjustments in the chip.

I mentioned earlier that you have to pick the correct MAF on the MAF BASE knob. Once again if you have an LT1 3.5 then you select 0. If you have an LT1 3 inch you select 3. I suspect you have a 3 inch as that same frame has your MAF at 254 and your TPS at 2.1. Picking the wrong MAF fucks up the fueling as well. Bob and Eric supply instructions. Kills me when people don't read them.