Feedback about roller camshafts

Hasn't been to the track yet. Hopefully in the next couple weeks before the weather breaks.
Your current build has potential for low 11s as is. If your track requires safety equipment you won't be able to go faster than 11.5 without getting bumped. The stroker build with a 212/212 has 10+ potential. I would up the turbo. The 64/66 is real killer. I friend of mine did 10.2 with is on an iron headed stock stroke with a 212/212 flat tappet. Looking at your sig, the dud is the 10" PTC lock up. Even Dusty say they suck.

Your current build has potential for low 11s as is. If your track requires safety equipment you won't be able to go faster than 11.5 without getting bumped. The stroker build with a 212/212 has 10+ potential. I would up the turbo. The 64/66 is real killer. I friend of mine did 10.2 with is on an iron headed stock stroke with a 212/212 flat tappet. Looking at your sig, the dud is the 10" PTC lock up. Even Dusty say they suck.
Thanks for the feedback. This is more of a street car than a track car. If I go to the track once a year and get bumped I'm ok with that. I am not putting a cage in this car. I love the way the 62-62 spools on the street. the 10 inch with the 62-62 is ideal.

all the sound bits of every GN will sound the same just take the lumpy exhaust wish off the list.
Go to YouTube watch 101 videos and you will find no lumpy lump GNs

All this talk about cams… can you even get a roller cam right now? It’s the last thing that I need for my new engine. If you can.. where? I’ve found some over the past couple months but they’re like 1500-2000$

WOT sixes don't sound great. Nothing going to change that.

All this talk about cams… can you even get a roller cam right now? It’s the last thing that I need for my new engine. If you can.. where? I’ve found some over the past couple months but they’re like 1500-2000$
Unobtainium.

Thanks for the feedback. This is more of a street car than a track car. If I go to the track once a year and get bumped I'm ok with that. I am not putting a cage in this car. I love the way the 62-62 spools on the street. the 10 inch with the 62-62 is ideal.
You will need a different converter to couple even the 6262 turbo.
You will also need more turbo to run 9s and make your 650rwhp.
You will also need a host of suspension parts and be prepared to do alot of testing to get the car to work at that power level.
For a car you dont wish to put any safety equipment in I think you should rethink the build/approach to where you want to be with that car and what your willing to do.

More information for you to consider.... I ran the 6262 DBB for years. Loved it. Ran a best of 10.56 but it usually ran 10.7-10.9 depending on temp, track conditions and air quality. Boost was around 27psi.

I switched to the 6466 DBB, same set up no converter change. Ran a best of 10.44 at 129 MPH. 25 psi. I'm still working on the tune and bringing boost up. Trans is now flaring 2-3 but I'm not upset about that. It's getting freshened up after 10 plus years of abuse. :)

PS, I have most of the safety equipment and or adding the rest soon. It's great to go fast but please consider the safety aspect. Noone cares how fast your car is if you are dead.

You will need a different converter to couple even the 6262 turbo.
You will also need more turbo to run 9s and make your 650rwhp.
You will also need a host of suspension parts and be prepared to do alot of testing to get the car to work at that power level.
For a car you dont wish to put any safety equipment in I think you should rethink the build/approach to where you want to be with that car and what your willing to do.
Racing at the track and track numbers are way down low on the priority list. This is a street car and I don't want to devalue the car with a roll cage. FYI, Patrick at Precision has cars in the 9's with the 6262 turbo. Not that I want to go that fast. In this thread I I just want as many opinions on cams as possible which seems to be a mute point anyway because you have a better chance of finding element 115 for Bob Lazar right now.

210/210 or 212/212 are very popular. Both will work well. Just a matter of finding one. I think they have been out of stock for a year plus at this point.

I have a 218/212 now and it drives like a stock car. 9:1 stroker with GN1s.

Why don't you maximize you current set up since you won't find a cam (unless you want to pay 2k+)? You'll need a converter anyway. That PTC belongs in a dumpster. Sounds like you want to do more corner carving and braking. You can do plenty of suspension, brake, wheel/tires mods ahead of building an engine.

210/210 or 212/212 are very popular. Both will work well. Just a matter of finding one. I think they have been out of stock for a year plus at this point.

I have a 218/212 now and it drives like a stock car. 9:1 stroker with GN1s.
Thank you for the feedback. Do you have any video/sound bits of your car?

Why don't you maximize you current set up since you won't find a cam (unless you want to pay 2k+)? You'll need a converter anyway. That PTC belongs in a dumpster. Sounds like you want to do more corner carving and braking. You can do plenty of suspension, brake, wheel/tires mods ahead of building an engine.
Hi Pronto - I am willing to pay for a cam if you know of anyone that has one. Why does everyone say the PTC converter is junk? It gets the car into boost immediately no lag. Does it slip a lot in 3rd gear? Several vendors recommended the PTC so the feedback on that converter is a bit surprising.