favorite turbo for stock heads and cam?

The old 6131 and 6152 are really great units with the mild combo's.

What's the difference between TE60 and the 6131 or 6152??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I broke a 10.99 @ 122 with a gen2 6266 S cover. Unopened longblock. 93/meth 36ish psi boost (maxed out 3.5 bar) although I really didnt pick up much power the last few psi and I believe because the engine was above its power peak. 17 blade PTC which wasnt tight enough. Flash stall around 5150rpm and I was shifting into 4th. Obviously not a ideal set up but breaking into 10s with 93/meth on my unopened longblock was my goal and I got it. Now I'm building a 4.1 which will be quite a different game with race ported TA SE heads, etc [emoji4]

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
How much timing were you running with this much boost? Ive now got a te44, stock engine, husek converter, alky 93, 28 psi, 19 timing. Havent run it yet but feels very strong. Looking for a timing strategy if i add more boost.

How much timing were you running with this much boost? Ive now got a te44, stock engine, husek converter, alky 93, 28 psi, 19 timing. Havent run it yet but feels very strong. Looking for a timing strategy if i add more boost.
I would have to review the logs again. I cant remember and dont want to give wrong info. I believe it was over 19 though. But remember my converter wasnt loading the engine enough to pull the rpms down. I am not a tuning expert but I believe if the converter was tighter and rpm had been in the 4800-5000 range the cylinder pressure would have been higher and I would not have gotten away with the timing I was using.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Ran. 6131e at 21psi went 11.75

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
27psi went 11.3
It's a decent low 11 high 10 turbo on a stock long block but you need the right converter which may take a few trys. Boost needs to be mid 20s. Alky, e85 or 110 is needed. I have no experience with the newer precision billet or Bison's stuff but I wouldn't be surprised if something a touch smaller could perform the same.

That's low 11's all day ...

TE44 on E85 with a good tuner is a low 11 second ride ... I like to run that setup as its proven and is fantastic on the street , couple it with a good driver and stop light to stop light its a freight train

TE44 on E85 with a good tuner is a low 11 second ride ... I like to run that setup as its proven and is fantastic on the street , couple it with a good driver and stop light to stop light its a freight train
Glad to hear. Id love to see 11.5 or better. Ive been 11.8 in a different car with similar combo and only 23psi.

I'm running a TA49 with Alky at bout 28lbs of Boost so I'm hoping the next time to the track I can see high to mid 11s

Yup and it doesn't cost a fortune either.

Nope .. the cost of a 200R4 that will support it is way way more then the mods it takes to run those numbers :)
Yep, and ive already got a bunch invested in my trans and it still stock 34k miles. Deep pan, shift kit, aux cooler, husek converter. I wonder how many passes it can handle at this level.

Yep, and ive already got a bunch invested in my trans and it still stock 34k miles. Deep pan, shift kit, aux cooler, husek converter. I wonder how many passes it can handle at this level.

When you really turn it up on E85.. from my experience not many..