favorite car battery brands?

There are only like three companies that actually make batteries for the various companies that stick their logos on them. Exide, Johnson Control and I can't remember the last one.

Don't want to jinks myself here, but my 97 riv still has the original battery in it. My mom bought the car new, and it's never been replaced. In fact, i've never even seen it. I've been told they put them under the back seat. Only has 75k miles, but has never been garage kept.

I had a 2 1/2 year old Delco top-terminal go bad the other day. Positive post was all caked-up. Turns out the dealer diagnosed a bad cell and replaced it under warranty. The new battery is also a Delco but the case looks smaller.

Optima yellow top that I got for $75 from Advance auto on there discount table 3 years ago.....even though it sat for a year before I used it.....it fires all and every time after 5 months of sitting this past year it still fired up my car.........

There are only like three companies that actually make batteries for the various companies that stick their logos on them. Exide, Johnson Control and I can't remember the last one.

Johnson Controls makes the Delcos. I just bought a Interstate for my Trailblazer SS from Costco (because Johnson Controls bought Interstate) and it is identical in every way to the factory Delco that I pulled out.

I'm pissed because they changed the name from he home brand Kirkland to Interstate and raised the price $20. They also dropped the warranty a year. I had really good luck with the cheap Kirkland batteries. That being said the Interstates through Costco still had better pricing than anyone else and the warranty was about the same.

Looks like Johnson Controls made batteries are the way to go judging by the above statements about Delco. I have had several friends have problems with Optimas over the last few years. They were the best hands down years ago, but I am weary now.

i like to use delco batteries because they look correct in the engine compartment. Anything else just stands out too much. does anyone have a pic of a gn original battery?