Fastest REAL TTA with Buick 6?

TT/Ameasap

The White Blur
TurboDave's car is not a real tta and Crusifulli's car is not a 6. Not taking anything away from those guys......But who is the fastest real TTA with a buick 6?

Im going for broke and I really think mid 9's can be accomplished without pushing it too hard.

I think the only thing stopping Steve Kaminski's old TTA from being a real TTA was the vin number, as everything else was swapped over onto his old GTA that was converted. I would go with Kaminski, hands down. In fact I could see him running 8's with the 109 block and single turbo if he really wanted to. The guy got me into turbo's over a decade ago, just wish he never sold his Black TTA, which was never really pushed, yet ran easy low 10's in its' sleep decades ago...

Edit: Just in case anybody is curious, this is the article that introduced me to his work and what pretty much did it for me, got the copy when it first came out in 2002 and have been hooked ever since... :)

http://www.superchevy.com/features/0109gmhtp-v6-buick-turbo-charged/

Last edited:
That is great!
I am talking real TTA tho. The one that was 31k from the dealership, not 18k gta. There are a lot of fast transplants and that is surly one of them.
thanks for the post tho.

The one that was 31k from the dealership, not 18k gta

Hey, all TTA's started out as GTA's lol...!!!!! ;)

I honestly haven't seen that many originals that were pushed that hard. I remember a few here and there on this board that put down some great numbers on E85, I also remember one member's TTA, who also had a fast EVO and Mustang, push his TTA to some great numbers, but never an ET or trap speed to back it all up though. I remember him being the first to run one of those bat-mo-wheel turbo's if memory serves me correctly...

There was another Steve who made the swap to his GTA as well, that one I got a video of up close over by etown. He had two TTA's and the GTA at the time, one of them being the infamous hardtop cloth TTA to boot, although I have no idea if he sold it, hopefully he didn't. I don't know if Kaminski ever built a real TTA though, but it sure as hell would have been insanely fast. At just 20-psi his full weight (aside from the harwood cowl induction hood) beast put down 650-RWHP, now trim the weight down a few hundred pounds and turn the boost up, and that thing would have seen 8's.

Isn't YamikidR1 in the 9's? Think there's one other guy really fast too. One of them was having issues with the heads lifting...

Just gotta poke a little fun.....tta's didn't come out with gn heads. And I haven't heard of any getting out of the 10's with stock fwd hesds. If you get to use gn heads they get to use gta body's. LOL

This was in 1995..went 9.66 with ported TTA heads. went 144 mph with M&A heads, but couldnt match the ET(traction). Used Felpro wire ring gaskets on both the stock and M&A heads. The M&A leaked coolant from a design flaw, then I went to Stage 2 twins in my Formula. Didnt want to chop up the TTA.
PS NO alky back then..only Accel DFI. I used a Duttweiler base program and modified it. C16 racing fuel at the track. 100 unleaded on the street.

Attachments

• tta 95.JPG
    tta 95.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 138