Faster 1/8 time advice

anders

1989 TTA
Hi
Ineed some advice to get faster 1/8 times and 60 foot.
must be running 10.5x26 slicks class
should i go with higher gears ?
Launch boost?
Start in second gear?
Car weigths 3600lb
What combo do you have to run mid to low 6 sec?
My best et 1/4 10.27 but i am only going to race 1/8 in the future.

Lighten the car as much as possible . Have the car 4 corner scaled to see where weight needs to be moved / adjusted . Any adjustable suspension components ...... shocks , upper / lower control arms ?? Like Chuck said , video of the launch up close . Need to see how the suspension is working .
What is your 60' now ?

More boost or ramp in more boost you're only at 26psi . Is the Haltech controlling the boost ??

Those more knowledgeable step in. He's got 3.73 rear gears and is running a 26 inch rear tire. Is that the best combo for a short time?

Hi
Ineed some advice to get faster 1/8 times and 60 foot.
must be running 10.5x26 slicks class
should i go with higher gears ?
Launch boost?
Start in second gear?
Car weigths 3600lb
What combo do you have to run mid to low 6 sec?
My best et 1/4 10.27 but i am only going to race 1/8 in the future.
At 10.27 you should already be mid 6s
Unless you you are making it up after the 330ft

26" and .373s puts you in the .410 range if you weren't aware, not the greatest ratio for a low revving motor

Still no data.. Not sure what " faster 1/8 times and 60 foot" means without it.:rolleyes:
Also I see that the 26" tire is a class spec... Not good with that limitation? Don't know, no data to compare.

Last edited:
It makes things a hell of alot easier
But why stop there,my stuff is on 30+ inch😉

Back in my day, 28s were the biggest thing you could stuff in there with the wheels available and then you needed airbags or springs to keep the molding lip from eating up your tires.

Back in my day, 28s were the biggest thing you could stuff in there with the wheels available and then you needed airbags or springs to keep the molding lip from eating up your tires.
I remember😉
Lost a few tires on 28s back in the day.