fast xfi on e65 on the dyno

evil666

3 month after I installed the fast xfi on my car, I finally found someone who got my car to run. I didn't now I was going to lose my car for the whole summer cause of a fast xfi, anyways I won't get into that and get straight to the point. I found a place locally called Federal Performance in Montreal and the tuner was called Seth, which he was a really nice guy that seemed to know his stuff. He had only tuned 3 grand nationals in the past with a fast xfi and tried his best to get my car tuned. After 9 hours of tuning on the dyno he finally got my car to run, most of the hours spent were on the drivabilty more than the performance. When I added the E85 to my gas tank, I quess my gas tank wasn't totally empty and the zeitronix analyzer read that I only had 65% ethanol. When I bought the E85 I tested it with a tester and it said 85% but I had to make the best of what I had at the moment.
The best I got out of the car with 25lbs of boost and 19.5 degree of timing was 607 hp and 713 lb feet of torque at the wheels on a dynopack. I will try to figure out how to post my log and try to get some of your opions, anyways for now I will post the copy of my run on the dyno if anyone wants to look at it. The next day I added more E85 to the car and the analyzer read E71. Hopefully by the time I go try the car at the track I can get the ethanol level to reach close to 85% so I could give it a little more timing and boost. I will make my first pass on the tune that I got on E65 and work my way up from there. I have a little hard time starting the car on E85 compared to the 94octane fuel but thats the best my tuner can do, I was the only car he ever tuned on E85. I wish I could have got Cal Hartline to tune my car but he was over my budget to fly him in just to tune my car, but maybe he would have got more out of it.

Marco

Attachments

• telus picture 022.jpg
    telus picture 022.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 245
Last edited:
Here is the log of the dyno run.

Attachments

• 25psi_607whp_dyno.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 118
I am so glad to see you got the car tuned. Congratulations on the hp numbers. I would leave the adaptive learning on with the settings I gave you. That will clean things up even more. I would also keep filling the car with E85 until you get all the pump gas out. When you put the car away for the winter, fill it back up with pump gas. Give me a call if you have any questions. I know you have my number, LOL

Thanks Cal
How much more do you think I can go get on pure E85. I don't think I will put the car back on the dyno for now , but would like your advice on what I should raise when I go to the track, boost. timing or both. I know timing should give more torque, but would like to know what you think I would benefit more with. On E65 when we brought the timing up 20.5, I lost10 hp but no KR.
How can you tell just by looking at the log that the adaptive learning was not enable?
Thanks,
Marco

When you switch to E85 the tune should take care of itself. You are using the flex fuel sensor and the newer 2.05 software which also adjusts timing based on the ethanol content. The only thing you should have to do is watch the ESC Retard closely and start sneaking up on the boost. As long as your tuner didn't get too aggressive at higher boost with the timing, you should be able to run 30psi.

I only mentioned the adaptive learning because the WBO2 was still correcting quite a bit in your log. If it's turned on with the settings I gave you, it will clean up nicely.

I think I am pretty sure that I have the 2.0 , so in my case the timing won't ajust by itself..

Here is a video of the car on the dyno.

Attachments

• 20140903_165737.zip
    10.9 MB · Views: 159