Fast xfi help

excobraguy

I recently purchased my car and it already had the fast xfi system in it.
The car does start and run. Previous owner told me it was a startup tune with no other tuning.

I have ordered a new serial to usb cable with smart chip to get the correct driver to load. The current radio shack cable doesnt attempt to load any drivers when i plug it in.

My questions are:
Is there anything special about getting the usb to serial to connect?

Why is my map sensor plug to the caspers box not plugged in to anything? Is there another cable or splitter to feed this?

Can you tell anything from my pics?

Getting a little frustrated. I have reached out to supporting vendors and had one rejection for help and have not heard back yet from the other. A few board members have offered assistance and I greatly appreciate any help I can get.

Any input?

Thx
IMG_5971.JPG
IMG_5972.JPG
IMG_5973.JPG
IMG_5974.JPG
IMG_5977.JPG

when connecting have you selected the port you want to use?
when connect via cable i set the port to #3
When connect via Bluetooth i set the port to #6
I started on com port #1 and kept trying until i found what worked

I also use regular wire with the different ends on it.

youll have to manually install the driver , try the one that comes with the ccom download pack

as to the map connector . the casper box you could also utilize the maf signal wire as a map input source

youll have to manually install the driver , try the one that comes with the ccom download pack

Maybe for the Fast itself. I don't know FAST.

But I do know that Radio Shack cable. That Radio Shack cable will not work with Windows 7 and up. They never wrote a driver for it. You'll need to get a new USB to Serial adapter that has support. You can get them on Monoprice.com or Amazon for a few bucks.

Throw that one in the trash. It's useless.

Maybe for the Fast itself. I don't know FAST.

But I do know that Radio Shack cable. That Radio Shack cable will not work with Windows 7 and up. They never wrote a driver for it. You'll need to get a new USB to Serial adapter that has support. You can get them on Monoprice.com or Amazon for a few bucks.

Throw that one in the trash. It's useless.
Great info! Thank you. Oredered a new one today.

So new cable and drivers installed. Now "incompatible device" error. So this is the life of owning fast xfi?
Fast customer support is almost non existent. You call only to be placed on hold for hours with no calls back. Guys pm'ing me that its easy to tune dont realize the first hurdle of getting it connected hasn't even happened yet.

The latest error according to the fast user manual says a firmware update is needed. Then they say just flash the ecu. Well if i cant connect how do i flash the ecu?

How did i let someone talk me into keeping this nightmare? Lol

Ordering a new TT chip was so much easier......

The way the XFI world works is you contact a vendor and pay them to get you a custom tune. I learned that . . . typically, people won't give a file because they spend years and lots of money to potentially perfect it for their setup.

I don't want too sound like an arse but at this level, unless you purchase from them, vendors don't necessarily deal with anyone , and the XFI is not for everyone.

Good luck and hope you get it resolved.

The way the XFI world works is you contact a vendor and pay them to get you a custom tune. I learned that . . . typically, people won't give a file because they spend years and lots of money to potentially perfect it for their setup.

I don't want too sound like an arse but at this level, unless you purchase from them, vendors don't necessarily deal with anyone , and the XFI is not for everyone.

Good luck and hope you get it resolved.
Thats what ive been trying to do.
Ive put calls out to several. Im hoping i get a call back tomorrow from Cal's shop.

He just got back yesterday. I would call first thing tomorrow. I'm sure they are very busy getting caught up

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

What did you have to do to get it connected to the laptop . I'm having the same issue with my laptop not wanting to read USB??

What did you have to do to get it connected to the laptop . I'm having the same issue with my laptop not wanting to read USB??
Also, just doublecheck in device manager what com port is assigned to your usb cable and check the com number in your fast settings