Fast XFI and 3 bar map?

kolb02

Just got my XFI from Cal and I started the install. I have one question with the caspers plug and play harness. It has a 3 pin connector for the map sensor but no harness to go to my map sensor on the passenger fender. Am I supposed to make a harness to connect to the Caspers harness or am I missing something? Any help would be great.
Thanks,

Here is a pic of the mount I made. I think it came out looking good.

Attachments

• 1427672983628.jpg
    1427672983628.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 299
You can either:
1) Plug your MAP sensor into the connector in the car and run a vacuum hose to it
2) Use your stock MAP sensor location and jumper the signal inside the car. Casper's make a nice harness for this or you can just solder a couple wires

Thanks Cal! Is there a part nimber from caspers? I dont see it on there site. Can't wait to see you in Montana!

Thanks boost! And there are in Colorado so I can get it quick. I want to fire this thing up this week bad!

Sorry to bring this old thread up but which wires are jumpered? Anyone have a pic?

Are you wanting to jumper the stock map to the xfi? If so, I would take all three map wires (black, gray, and green) in the clear (usually wrapped in foam) C434 connector behind the glovebox and connect them to the xfi map plug.
An easier way is to use the Caspers adaptor listed above

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

IMG_20161103_203015979.jpg I purchased a complete car that had been wrecked but still runs great to swap over everything to my car. I believe the PO cut the pigtail from the XFI map and connected it at passenger kick panel. This is the only thing i did not get detailed pics on when removing. The green , black , and red wire do not have a pigtail.

Last edited:
I would recommend soldering and heat shrinking the connections. They're too important to risk a bad connection

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

you got it
I have a question about the mounting location & type of hose / pipe used for the MAP signal. Shouldn't I be concerned about the distance from the plenum to the MAP sensor port & the type of pipe / hose that I use? I also wonder if very small constant compression clamps should be used at the hose to port joints?