FAST hard start /flooding out help

TMGN

I'm using the old FAST sequential in my 86 GN.Its very tough to start and it smells like fuel.There are no leaks.I'm fouling the plugs.Anything I should try??Also my fuel pump stays running when I turn the key to the on position.Doesnt stop priming.I'm running an Aeromotive A1000 pump.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried to reduce the injector PW during cranking?

I believe the fuel pump can prime for up to 30 seconds from the software. If it goes longer than that, your wiring is not right.

-Bob C.

Do you..

I'm using the old FAST sequential in my 86 GN.Its very tough to start and it smells like fuel.There are no leaks.I'm fouling the plugs.Anything I should try??Also my fuel pump stays running when I turn the key to the on position.Doesnt stop priming.I'm running an Aeromotive A1000 pump.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

have any datalogs??
Someone could look at them, and the base program, and make some more suggestions.
Is the program now being used, 1 that has a history of running correctly?
What have you done so far, to correct this problem?
Maybe post the setup on the engine?

Some things to look at:
1. Cam sensor off.
2. Inj constant incorrect for the injs in the engine.
3. Cold start not decaying out.
4. TPS incorrectly set.
5. MAP sensor took a dump.
6. VE table waaaay off.
7. Commanded A/F is whacked.

Those are some things that come to mind... I'm sure there's a guru, or 2, that can get to the root of the problem.:D

Lower the injector pulsewidth in the cranking fuel table. In all actuality, none of the other tables affect fueling during startup so if it is a programming issue, that's where you will have the most luck in curing the issue.

Make sure the crank to run mode RPM threshold is set to a reasonable value. Reasonable being 300 to 400 RPM. I've seen folks set this to 100 or 150 RPM and it really throws things off.

The FAST prime is set to 10 seconds.The pump stays running way past that.I've checked the wiring and put a new hot wire kit and new relays.I will try to check the other suggestions the best I can on the flodding.Thanks for all the great suggestions.Keep em coming.

Sounds like a low voltage problem to the ecu check the voltage to the ignition feed to the ecu.

That would be pin (switched ignition) L3 on the harness connector, also check all your grounds on the box. You should take them right back to the battery.