Fan Relays

yedge

Both coolant fan relays burnt to a crisp.
Bought both relays and connectors.
I can get high speed relay operationing normal.
Red wire from harness is hot as it should be for high speed fan. Neither red wires coming from wiring
Harness are hot to start low speed fan.
I can wire from battery to black/red
And get low fan.
Are there separate fuseable links for
The red wires?

Hope this diagram helps. High and low speed relays, normally open contacts, are fed by same fusible link (red wires). Low speed relay is energized by ECM coolant signal then n.o. contacts close to deliver 12v(red wire) through contacts and along black/red wire to fan resistor and to fan.
IMG_0355.PNG

As part of the diagnostics Vortex wants you
To check Red wires. Two of them should be hot. They both come out of the same wiring harness. There is a total of 3 not including the delay relay. Only one is hot. If there all off the same fusiblelink somehow, somewhere there is an open.

Looking at electrical diagram, the fuseable link feeds 12v common to low speed contact then on to high speed. Agree that probably an open circuit if no 12v at low speed contact red wire. Double check wire connectors and how they're crimped for continuity.

Thats strange because one of the red wires that are paired together on the low relay jumps over to the high relay to supply power.
So if the single red wire on the high relay has power, the low should have power as well unless someone jumped power to it from another source. Pull the wires out of the harness and trace it out.

Thats strange because one of the red wires that are paired together on the low relay jumps over to the high relay to supply power.
So if the single red wire on the high relay has power, the low should have power as well unless someone jumped power to it from another source. Pull the wires out of the harness and trace it out.

I'll take a look to see whats going on. Looking at the wiring diagram it looks like the delay relay has it own
fuseable link and that the low speed relay and the high speed relay share the same fuseable link. Do you think
thats true?

I'll take a look to see whats going on. Looking at the wiring diagram it looks like the delay relay has it own
fuseable link and that the low speed relay and the high speed relay share the same fuseable link. Do you think
thats true?

Yes, I do believe they all share the same fuseable link.