Fan Air Always partially blowing at Feet

thbjcb

No matter where I set the controls at MAX AC, NORM , VENT or DEFROST about 20 % of the air is always blowing at my feet. I replaced out the plastic blower cage with the metal one as others stated this helped the air flow amount and then realized this was not the issue. Found a couple old posts that talked about the issue but was wondering if anyone had some pics or detailed instructions on how to fix this. AC isn't as effective when it bowing on your feet.

I have the same issue. If the blend door is working I think I read something as to put a gasket or some type of foam around the door opening. My car is at a mechanic with that as one of the issues. If it gets rectified I’ll let you know how he did it.

Probably your heat/defrost door, controlled by your Bi-Directional lower mode vacuum motor.

Red and yellow hoses out of the AC control head.

In the OFF and HEAT position you should have vacuum on the red hose Yellow will be blocked and not leaking.

Other positions excepting OFF, HEAT, and BI-Directional will have vacuum on the Yellow hose with the Red hose blocked off.