Facts about Gun Control!!

V8Assassin

100mi away ready 2 strike
This was posted in the PV forum by TT/Ameasap, just wanted to spread it around.

A LITTLE GUN HISTORY

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From
1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
------------------------------

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to
1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to
1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952,
20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to
1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up an d exterminated.
---- ------------- -------------

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to
1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
------------------------

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to
1977, one million educated' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------------

Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.

It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars. The first year results are now in:

List of 7 items:

Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent

Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent

Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 p ercent (yes,
44 percent)!

In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent. Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not, and criminals still possess their guns!

While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.

There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the ELDERLY. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort, and expense was expended in successfully ridding Australian society of guns The Australian experience and the other historical facts above prove it.

You won't see this datum on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information.

Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.

Take note my fellow Americans, before it's too late!

The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind them of this history lesson.

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

During WWII the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED.

If you value your freedom, Please spread this anti-gun control message to all of your friends.

The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.

As John Steinbeck once said:

1. Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

2. If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

3. I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

4. When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.

5. A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him 'Why do you carry a
45?' The Ranger responded, 'Because they don't make a 46.'

6. An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity.

7. The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm. 'Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?' 'No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my rifle.'

8. Beware the man who only has one gun. HE PROBABLY KNOWS HOW TO USE IT!!!

But wait, there's more!

I was once asked by a lady visiting if I had a gun in the house. I said I did. She said 'Well I certainly hope it isn't loaded!' To which I said, 'Of course it is loaded, can't work without bullets!' She then asked, 'Are you that afraid of someone evil coming into your house?' My reply was, 'No, not at all. I am not afraid of the house catching fire either, but I have fire extinguishers around, and they are all loaded too.' To which I'll add, having a gun in the house that isn't loaded is like having a car in the garage without gas in the tank.

Kind of makes your toes turn up don't it:eek:

That should be made into a 2hr special on TV for all Americans to see.... I want hold my breath:rolleyes:

I read this and wanted to share it with some of the guys who don't frequent the PV forum. It is a myth that gun control is the answer to crime. It's just like drug prohibition, just cause they are illegal, it doesnt' seem to stop many people from getting them. Only the criminals are left with guns when law abiding citizens give their's up.

Gun control and drug enforcement have ONE thing in common. That is: Once illegal, the price goes up. That's it!
My take on gun control: You hit what you are shooting at.
[Hopefully, it'll be a drug dealer!]

Boring. Do you really think if we had gun control there will be mass exterminations in our country. Cut me a break. And all people ever really wanted is no AK-47 (Choppers) and similar guns on the street.

Answer me this.... What happens when your daughter gets into USC and she gets mowed down by a stray bullet after a party? You country folk talk like your so tough and macho yet cower in the back woods yelling, "If you come on my property I'm going to kill you and I'm proud of that". If you lived in inner cities you'd have a better understanding.

Boring. Do you really think if we had gun control there will be mass exterminations in our country. Cut me a break. And all people ever really wanted is no AK-47 (Choppers) and similar guns on the street.

Answer me this.... What happens when your daughter gets into USC and she gets mowed down by a stray bullet after a party? You country folk talk like your so tough and macho yet cower in the back woods yelling, "If you come on my property I'm going to kill you and I'm proud of that". If you lived in inner cities you'd have a better understanding.

We totally understand that. What you must understand is that criminals will still get their guns and still use them... If ALL guns in the entire world were gone at once I would have no problem with it...

Probably better answered in the PV forum but since you asked here I'll answer here. As far as the Government creating these types of situations, I think the history speaks for itself. If you don't learn from history you are doomed to repeat it. As far as what "all" people and what they want, I think you are quite naive to assume this is "all" that they want. Give an inch and you are bound to loose a mile.

No one is forced to live in the "inner city". Those that chose to are subject to their surroundings. I doubt you even know any of us "country folk". If you did you'd be glad we are your friends. As far as cowering, I don't think that is what i or anyone else are doing. Protecting our family and property, H3// yes. Going out for a 'drive-by', not likely. We have to much to do, what, with work and all.

Come on down and I'll bet you'll realize it isn't our talk that is tough, it is our actions.

Probably better answered in the PV forum but since you asked here I'll answer here. As far as the Government creating these types of situations, I think the history speaks for itself. If you don't learn from history you are doomed to repeat it. As far as what "all" people and what they want, I think you are quite naive to assume this is "all" that they want. Give an inch and you are bound to loose a mile.

No one is forced to live in the "inner city". Those that chose to are subject to their surroundings. I doubt you even know any of us "country folk". If you did you'd be glad we are your friends. As far as cowering, I don't think that is what i or anyone else are doing. Protecting our family and property, H3// yes. Going out for a 'drive-by', not likely. We have to much to do, what, with work and all.

Come on down and I'll bet you'll realize it isn't our talk that is tough, it is our actions.

Good post! Same here! People don't understand living in the country...

Best thread I've read in a while. I also get irritated when I see a no concealed weapons sign on the front of a building. The only people that abide by those signs are the law abiding citizens! Do the people that put the signs up actually believe that a criminal/robber/murderer would not carry a gun inside because of a sign on the door? I will not do business with an establishment that does not support my constitutional right to arm myself. On the issue of gun control, Great Britain went so far as to disarm their police force and private citizens. Of course, the criminals still have guns and they have no deterrent from breaking into a private residence or even a bank for that matter, because they know that all their victims will be unarmed!

Thats a good answer, better than I could have said. It must be that your country folk and I am just an uneducated victim of the ghetto. :D

Where I grew up, if you werent armed, with someone that was armed, or close to someone that was armed and would protect you, you were a victim 100% of the time. I have robbed and beaten, had many things stolen from me, woke up to police at my door asking about a dead body in the trash two doors down. I have seen people get their heads blown off over nothing more than a few dollars of weed. You want to talk about "hardcore" then go up to Chicago, Minneapolis, New York, where it gets COLD and see these morons still out on the street causing problems with absolutely no regard for anyones well being or the law. Minneapolis just recently reverted to the name used in the 80's, Murderapolis. Gun control wont help that go away, it will only make a clearer reason why its there.

As a cop, Marine Corps veteran, Criminal Justice/Government Instructor and a CHL Instructor I don't have a problem with citizens owning and using long guns, shotguns or pistols; cosmetics aside a "Chopper"(!?!:confused: !?!) is not the typical firearm used on the street, people being mowed down by stray bullets... again WTF!?!
If you read the Founding documents of this nation you will discover the primary purpose of the Second Amendment is the overthrow the government:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security"
Declaration of Independence 7/4/1776
Self defense as well as hunting and other sporting purposes are understood.

Think of it this way, if guns are "evil" then those who own them are evil by extension. If the only people to have guns are evil and the government is the only one to have guns...
Fortunately our government IS the people so if you take guns away from the people then you can't let the government have them either...or fighter planes, or bombs, or nukes, or sharp pointy sticks. Not a really wise thing to do in this crazy ol' world of ours!

The problem with anti-Constitutional fanatics is that they want to impose their ideology on everyone; my opinion is if you don't want to own a gun then DON'T; I'll protect you anyway,
and I will kill the bad guy coming onto my property, my life is infinitely more valuable than his (or hers) and I have lived in the city and in the country and in-between; heck I even lived in Phoenix for a while! Now I'm in Houston (4th largest city in the U.S.) & I run into more cowards in the "inner city" than I have in the "country" so I'm confused by what we are supposed to better understand.

Oh well, I guess in a perfect world only Liberals would have abortions and only Conservatives would have guns :cool:
I could go on and on and on...

D

As a cop, Marine Corps veteran, Criminal Justice/Government Instructor and a CHL Instructor I don't have a problem with citizens owning and using long guns, shotguns or pistols; cosmetics aside a "Chopper"(!?!:confused: !?!) is not the typical firearm used on the street, people being mowed down by stray bullets... again WTF!?!
If you read the Founding documents of this nation you will discover the primary purpose of the Second Amendment is the overthrow the government:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security"
Declaration of Independence 7/4/1776
Self defense as well as hunting and other sporting purposes are understood.

Think of it this way, if guns are "evil" then those who own them are evil by extension. If the only people to have guns are evil and the government is the only one to have guns...
Fortunately our government IS the people so if you take guns away from the people then you can't let the government have them either...or fighter planes, or bombs, or nukes, or sharp pointy sticks. Not a really wise thing to do in this crazy ol' world of ours!

The problem with anti-Constitutional fanatics is that they want to impose their ideology on everyone; my opinion is if you don't want to own a gun then DON'T; I'll protect you anyway,
and I will kill the bad guy coming onto my property, my life is infinitely more valuable than his (or hers) and I have lived in the city and in the country and in-between; heck I even lived in Phoenix for a while! Now I'm in Houston (4th largest city in the U.S.) & I run into more cowards in the "inner city" than I have in the "country" so I'm confused by what we are supposed to better understand.

Oh well, I guess in a perfect world only Liberals would have abortions and only Conservatives would have guns :cool:
I could go on and on and on...

D

Well put, I think your argument is on point. An armed citizenry was exactly what the founding fathers had in mind because they knew it would help ensure our gov't remained for the people by the people. Obviously now more than ever our gov't is out of control with spending and power to tax, it scares me to think of what they could do if we were without the Second Amendment.

Well put, I think your argument is on point. An armed citizenry was exactly what the founding fathers had in mind because they knew it would help ensure our gov't remained for the people by the people. Obviously now more than ever our gov't is out of control with spending and power to tax, it scares me to think of what they could do if we were without the Second Amendment.

Adam, you know they will try to take it away. That will be one of the first things the Obam, Pelosi, and Reed will try to do..... What's is even worse is that people do not understand why the 2nd Amendment was put in place and the fact that they voted in people that do not believe our founding fathers were right.

Adam, you know they will try to take it away. That will be one of the first things the Obam, Pelosi, and Reed will try to do..... What's is even worse is that people do not understand why the 2nd Amendment was put in place and the fact that they voted in people that do not believe our founding fathers were right.

You are right about pelosi and crew, they are all fired up about their opportunity to trample the Second Amendment. Even though 2/3 of the country believes in it, they will go after it anyway they can. They really are just pompous and arrogant enough to believe they know better than the founding fathers did. My contention is the right to own guns was secured in the SECOND Amendment. They must have thought it pretty important to put it right behind speech, press, and religion. Possibly it was intended that way for a reason and not just some accident.

You gotta love Pelosi, I say let her walk around without the secret service and their firearms to protect her and see how safe she feels. She dosnt need firearms cause she has people to do her shooting for her!! Politicians are protected by the very same thing they try to take away from citizens...I believe in a Resonable amount of gun control...training, for example, kinda like a drivers license.dont feel the need for full auto's, I have more control over my semi-autos then I do my automatic...but its a kick in the pants to shoot.And Im glad I have the right to own one in my state..hell i can mount a grenade launcher under my AR.
I wonder how many politicans againt guns have them in their closet or dresser drawer...I say lead by example if the government gives up their guns first:rolleyes:

Thank you for saving me the trouble of posting that rev. 3:11 It is our DUTY to throw off such tyranny. Wonder how long it's gonna take, how bad it'll get first? Wanna really get yer panties in a twist? Wonder what this stuff'll cost? Surely more than the additional taxes imposed.

Legislation

Seems that the Fascist Zealots who would in no way restrict our ownership choices want a new way to protect their entitled class. Price and taceability. I'd bet any group who already doesn't like the govt. has their stockpiles in order. Sportsmen will be hurt and only stupid people will get caught by this. Before you go flaming me, consider that I base this on pending legislation in the solid red states around me, while my swing state of Ohio, who dumped the fascists back in 06 for the Commie Pinkos has no such leg. pending. Think about that. Consider also that in the US, the world's largest arms supplier, the price of ammo has gone up 25% just since the election. Clip prices in many cases have doubled. Again, Who plays to the politics of fear for Corporate profit? You got it. I can't support either side's polarizing extremes of the past 8yrs. I'm only a second ammendment believer bringing you news from another source.

The 2nd admendment is just one of the parts of the Constitution they intend to squash. Right up there with the 1st one!!!

The 2nd admendment is just one of the parts of the Constitution they intend to squash. Right up there with the 1st one!!!

Oh they are all for the First Amendment!!

Just as long as you speak, report and pray exactly like they want you to!! :eek: :eek:

I'm all for the 2nd amendment considering I don't even take out the garbage without my gun. No, literally I don't. And the fact that I carry one at work every day. But I sometimes have to question why a country like England who has such strict gun control and has so few Homicides or gun related deaths or crimes involving guns yet still has all the same freedoms we have.

I know they have quite a few stabbings which would only make sense since guns are so hard to come by but at times I think our gun control or lack of could use some tweaking.

I know, outlaw guns and outlaws with be the only ones with them but considering a Cop in England (A Modern Society) might go his whole career without seeing a gun related homicide or be shot at and I rarely go a month without seeing a homicide or gun related crime I wonder if some changes in the gun laws would be such a bad thing?