Factory Theft Alarm...

adowningusa

Good day ladies and gentlemen.

Yesterday I locked up my 1986 GN. Stuck the key in the drivers door to unlock and shut off the factory alarm system. Needless to say, it didn't shut off. No biggie I thought, I'll re-lock the doors and unlock it from the passengers side. I thought the ground return might not be good on drivers door.

That didn't do it either.

That being said, is it safe to assume that the module has gone bad? The pins for the door lights are clean and serviceable. The grounds on the door reset switches are clean too.

Anyway I can do a work around on the system until I have more time to diagnose and replace?

Thanks
AD

You figger' it out yet>
Best "shade-tree" temp "fix" seems to be to disconnect the bulb to avoid draining battery (ask me how I know!o_O)
I chasing the same gremlin, too; haven't been able to check door pins yet...
let me know if you get it, I'll do the same!
D

If you have the turbo regal repair manual there is a schematic and troubleshooting diagram to follow in section 8 part 7

Bryan

If you have the turbo regal repair manual there is a schematic and troubleshooting diagram to follow in section 8 part 7

Bryan

It's begining to look like a bad box. Grounds are good, wire have good continuity, and power is where it is supposed to be.