Factory Fuel Line o-rings

1987T

Looking for 10's
Ok so Im replacing the engine in my T and have found the O-rings on the Inlet (Going into the Regulator) and the return line to the tank off the Fuel rail are pretty much scrap just from age Im guessing.
I have been to every freaking auto parts store within 20 miles of my Home and Not a 1 has any fuel safe O-rings! Oh wait the dumbo behind the counter cant find them as they are not listed in the compute but he can get me new lines for some off the wall $ amount LMBO

And yes I have checked the help section in every store they have orings just not Fuel safe ones :(

Anyway do any of the vendors sell them? Im done trying to deal with these auto parts store every time I walk out wishing it was legal to black someone eye for stupidity!

Thanks in advance for your help and info.

Orielys usually caries them on the shelf

BWD Fuel Injection Fuel Rail O-Ring Kit
Part # 27478

Oh wait the dumbo behind the counter cant find them as they are not listed in the compute

He must have omitted some important info, during his "search".
Must haves:
Color.
2 or 4 door.

Just went thru this, yesterday, at Advance.....:rolleyes:

Dorman 80020 in the Help Section should have both as well.

They fit both the 2 door and 4 door, even the black cars too. ;)

I was actually asked once while getting spark plugs for a SBC... "Is that an over head valve engine." My jaw was on the floor. :eek:

As for fuel line o-rings, these are packs of ten each:

STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS SK27 Fuel Rail O-Ring Kit, Feed
STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS SK26 Fuel Rail O-Ring Kit, Return

RemoveBeforeFlight

Well Im happy to hear Im not the only one that thinks the jakaroo's :poop: behind the counter at these places are just DUMB!
If you dont know sh*t about cars you shouldn't work the counter at an auto parts store :mad:

Since I recently went through this very same exercise, I thought I'd share my discovery for those that find this thread in the future. Also knowing the part numbers you'll no longer have to depend on the clown behind the counter.

The Supply Line o-ring is referred to as 3/8" and the Return Line o-ring is called 5/16". This is somewhat confusing because if you measure the o-rings, none of the dimensions match the label. The 3/8" o-ring measures 7/16" OD, 5/16" ID. The Return o-ring is 3/8” OD, 1/4" ID. Okay now for the part numbers:

BWD 27478 = qty 1 of each size (3/8" & 5/16") - sold by Advance Auto and Pep Boys
Dorman 800-013 = qty 2 of each size (3/8" & 5/16") - sold on Amazon, Autozone, Jegs, Summit, Advance Auto
Dorrman 80020 = assortment of sizes (most of which don't fit our cars)
NAPA 730-4912 = qty 2 of each size (this is actually the Dorman 800-013 with a different label).
NAPA 2-18416 (Echlin CRB 218416) = qty 1 of each size
STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS SK18 = qty 1 of each size - sold on Amazon, Summit
STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS SK26 = qty 10 Return line o-rings - sold by RockAuto, Summit
STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS SK27 = qty 10 Supply line o-rings - sold by RockAuto, Summit

With the advent of the interwebz, I cant even begin to enter a part place without the part numbers in the notes app on my phone. Too much twenty questions for me. I've found that if you can get a girl at the counter you are way ahead.

I've found that if you can get a girl at the counter you are way ahead.

.....then you're behind the counter back in the back...
tongue.gif

I've seen me do it.